Any of you in the southern Ca area? Free cookies!

San Diego for me. Mostly doing fabric work with the wife right now. Have a couple of decent Trek outfits (WOK uniform, Next Gen 3rd Season uniform, just starting to make Season 1 & 2 authentic TOS tunics) but looking to get into some more advanced tech. Definitely going to Comic Con on my pro badge. I'd love to meet up with some fellow costuming folks.

Mark

Last edited:
San Diego for me. Mostly doing fabric work with the wife right now. Have a couple of decent Trek outfits (WOK uniform, Next Gen 3rd Season uniform, just starting to make Season 1 & 2 authentic TOS tunics) but looking to get into some more advanced tech. Definitely going to Comic Con on my pro badge. I'd love to meet up with some fellow costuming folks.

Mark

Hey Mark,
that sounds good to me.

Soooo....if it's comic then, who is going and what are you wearing?

I just put in my order for fabric and got my pattern for my Doctor Who Series 7 Pt. 2 outfit. My daughter is going as Oswin Oswald. If we're going to Comic Con, we should try and get reservations somewhere now so we have a place to meet up. In costume, of course. ;)

Mark

I work for the city of riverside, I am always interested in meeting others and learning

Edit: the Taste of Brews is happening this Saturday at White Park in downtown. I'm going to be there and would be up to meeting anyone here who is attending

Last edited:
HI! I am in redondo beach...My Fiance's family lives in Corona. Nice to meet people in So Cal. Very fun and inspiring to be on here..I am working slowly on my projects. Good luck on yours! Check out my profile and add me on facebook if you want!

How did I not know about this thread sooner?!
I love how densely populated the IE is with fellow builders. 92501 Riverside here, fellow Riversidians should all have a non-con meet up sometime!

I venture between corona and glendora ca. 20 to 40 mins depending on the day from you. Not much prop experiance though... made a few alien suits but nothing like what people make here. :(

I live in San Juan Capistrano, CA. :)
Wait... what con are we talking about?
I might be attending Anime Expo.
It would be cool if we can have a suit group get together with materials so we can help each other out on our suits. I know im having a hell of a time :(

VinceRaptor, what are you working on that you're having issues with?

And I think the Con we're talking about is San Diego Comic Con. I'm currently working on a the Series 7 pt. II Doctor Who frock coat and my daughter's Oswin Oswald (red dress Dalek) outfit.

Mark

Hi! if you guys want to meet up in the riverside area please send me a pm, do the same if youre going to be at sd comic-con. I think this way would be easier to organize.
Thanks

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back