Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Anybody know some good aftermarket fenders? I'm looking at all sorts on amazon but I can't quite find any with the right width or with the indents.
Edit: I've found a good pair on amazon.

Last edited:
I'm mad at myself for not looking at this earlier: The hub I ordered is for a 28 spoke wheel. I didn't realize this until I started lacing the rim and realized something was way off. Since I already blew 50 bucks on this, is there a way of dismantling the 3 speed hub and placing it in the housing of the 36 spoke hub I already had for the bike? Or will it just be best to buy a 28 spoke rim?

This is just my advice, but I would put the 28 spoke hub back on Ebay and re-sell it, and look for a 36 spoke 3 speed hub if that is what you're determined to do, because you're opening a can of worms trying to "Frankenstein" stuff together that isn't going to look right or be right when you get done, a full size 26" cruiser bike needs all those spokes for strength, especially on the rear braking wheel, all you're going to do is give yourself a huge headache, that''s just my opinion, I could be wrong.

This is just my advice, but I would put the 28 spoke hub back on Ebay and re-sell it, and look for a 36 spoke 3 speed hub if that is what you're determined to do, because you're opening a can of worms trying to "Frankenstein" stuff together that isn't going to look right or be right when you get done, a full size 26" cruiser bike needs all those spokes for strength, especially on the rear braking wheel, all you're going to do is give yourself a huge headache, that''s just my opinion, I could be wrong.
I think I might be able to get away with a 28 spoke wheel with a frame as light as mine, I can almost lift the whole bike single handed. I'm gonna look around online and in bike shops for a rim, or maybe see if one will buy the hub. If not, I'm probably gonna take your advice and sell it on ebay.

On the bright side, my delta light arrived:
20150408_145319.jpg

indianabric said:
I think I might be able to get away with a 28 spoke wheel with a frame as light as mine, I can almost lift the whole bike single handed.

Maybe, but you don't realize how much it will weigh when you get all the Pee-wee stuff mounted on it, I weighed my nephews bike when we got it done and it almost doubled the weight of the base Schwinn to 78 lbs.!

Well, while I was trying to see if this hub kerfuffle could be sorted out, I managed to get a whitewall on the front wheel.
Unfortunately I have to true it again.

Indianabric, your spokes were probably not seated, and you removed the wheel from the bike some spokes may have shifter into place, when you lace a wheel sometimes this happens and you have to go back and make sure all the spokes seat properly. It happens, I usually try to somewhat twist and push/pull a bit on the hub, the area where the spoke heads are touhing the hub sometimes have a slight shift, enough to loosed a few spokes and cause this.

And how nervous were you to walk inside the bar and leave that bike unattended? I know I'm constantly looking out the corner of my eye, and finding a place to sit or stand where I can watch it at all times. People love to poke and prod it. Looks great, btw.

Very cool brownie, that led conversion on the rocket ray is hardcore!, the whole bike looks great, you'll have to post some day shots.

Its gets past 75lbs fully loaded, I added a 20T rear cog on mine, it makes really easy to pedal. Looking good, you're in Biker Gang! ha!

A lot of guys make their own, or there are some Schwinn cycle truck advertising panels with the brackets and hardware on Ebay, you could email them and see if they will sell you a set of frame brackets.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back