Replica Johnny 5 robot 13" figure

My "Robot V" came in the mail today...This thing is FANTASTIC!! Mr. Jozwiak said that I snagged the very last one in his stock, so I'm feeling very lucky right now. :D

I have one question for all of you who have already assembled and customized your models: Exactly how do you attach the upper/lower eyelids and keep them freely positionable? I have been staring at the instruction photos for a few minutes and can't figure out what that little black "bendy thing" is supposed to be, or how the lower lids attach whatsoever. :confused

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

check out the Robot V's facebook page. he has a picture gallery of how to assemble the eye piece your talking about. I used Gorilla Glue to attache mine with and it allowed me to pose them without breaking them apart. check out his facebook profile tho it will help a lot.

Ah!! I appreciate that, agliarept. :) I've actually never used Facebook. I'll have to get my girlfriend to sign on there, find his page, and see if we can't make more sense of these eyelids...

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Ryan

The name of the group is 'I Want A Johnny 5 Toy Robot!'.
I didn't use the eyelids that were provided myself, I made my own ones which are more screen accurate. There are quite a few mods you can do to this figure to make it better. My earlier post in this thread shows what the eyelids are like on mine and here is a pic after modifying the arms and tracks for more posability as well as shortening the laser arm.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back