The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Hey @fezfox ! Did you find a British warbird sunken off the Australian coastline and need a diving buddy or something? ;)

Sadly not! ;) I am not sure how we can help each other - maybe dividing up amongst the various known ways to find them and keeping an eye out together - or maybe there is military surplus in bulk sometimes? I'm a novice, but looking for ways those amongst us who are boosterless can help each other.

Thanks Khal I'll check it out - others have mentioned it. May be some here in Australia which would make the whole thing easier! Cheers!

Thought I would go ahead and post my progress thus far. All real parts with the exception of the booster of course. Going to change out the transistors to the lower profile TO-99 as soon as I have them converted for accepting screws.

I just have to say that it still amazes me that I have this much of it at this point. I had stayed away from going down this path for well over a year. Scared of the cost. Nervous if would actually be able to find the parts. All I can say now is that I'm so glad to be on this journey. I absolutely love it! I'll let the pics do the rest and will re-post once it is completely original.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg

6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Special thanks to @teecrooz for getting me started! Big thanks to @Marv as well for helping with a key component!

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
O.K. something's been puzzling me the last day, and I finally figured it out...

now, @fightercaptured , even though Chris is The Ridire Gránáid ( The Grenade Knight) in my book too, and unquestionably awesome, ya just can't go this far copying him, I mean seriously even the wall coloring matches :lol......

Here's @teecrooz 's display:
attachment.php

Here's @fightercaptured 's display:
attachment.php

I know you have a list somewhere that reads:
1. REAL PARTS OBI-WAN Check!
2. Wood Desk Check!
3. Signed Photo of Sir Alec Guiness as Obi-Wan Check!
4. Acrylic Lightsaber Stand Check!
5. Obi-Wan Kenobi 12" figure Check!
6. Ti Exactra 19 in Box
7. Ti Exactra 20 in Box
8. Browning ANM2 .303 Barrel with Booster and Flash Hider
9. Browning ANM2 .303 Flash Hider
10. Armitage Shanks Faucet
11. GRAFLEX 3-CELL Flash Gun with Reflector
12. Original GRAFLEX Box
13. Rolls Royce Derwent Engine Plaque
14. Rolls Royce Derwent Mk9 Balance Pipe and Holder
15. NOS Rolls Royce Derwent Mk9 Balance Pipe with Box
16. Browning ANM2 .303 Booster Bearing Nut
17. Spare Parts Bin of Ti Bubble Strips and Vintage Transistors
18. Complete No3 Mk1 Hales Grenade

I must point out, you're only about 1/3 of the way through this list, to continue in this quest is pure folly! It's not too late for you to recover your sanity. Hide your wallet from yourself NOW while you still can!!! :lol

This is all just joshin' ya a bit with some healty ribbing. ;) Your Lightsaber's looking GREAT!

Hopefully we all get to finish our quests before too long!

Good Luck to all of us finding those last elusive parts!!!

Last edited:
Ridire Firean I think most of us would love to copy Teecrooz's collection [emoji4]. I already had the Obi figure, but totally admit that seeing his display inspired me to seek out that photo of Sir Alec Guinness.

Thanks for the kind words!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
his display inspired me to seek out that photo of Sir Alec Guinness.

I know what you mean~!

There's a painting that hangs in my grandparents' dining room "GRACE - Charles Wilden praying photographed by Eric Enstrom and painted by Rhonda Nyberg" ...
GRACE - Charles Wilden praying photographed by Eric Enstrom and painted by Rhonda Nyberg - 01.jpg

For years I thought it was a painting of my Grandfather... or Obi-Wan with a longer beard. ;)

This painting is forever engraved in my mind. And when I went looking for a photo of our beloved Sir Alec, I came up with this photo / screen capture that engendered the same depth of emotion within me...

Sir Alec Guinness - as Obi-Wan Kenobi - in Star Wars Epsidode IV A New Hope - with Skywalker GRA.jpg

The copy I have of this at home is framed a little differently, I'll have to upload it tonight. <--- It prints out in a warmer tone with a lot of chiaroscuro and is quite moving.

Last edited:
Have you guys seen the all new Hot Toys OB1 figure? Or is this the same figure as used by teecrooz and fightercaptured? :wacko

Hot Toys OB1.jpg

Chaïm

P.S. By the way I just checked and I can use the vintage metal rod that came with the grenade inside my OB1 lighstaber build ... I just have to figure out what kind of vintage end screw to use inside the pommel to keep all the parts together ... only vintage parts allowed :wacko

Have you guys seen the all new Hot Toys OB1 figure? Or is this the same figure as used by teecrooz and fightercaptured? :wacko

View attachment 759150

Chaïm

P.S. By the way I just checked and I can use the vintage metal rod that came with the grenade inside my OB1 lighstaber build ... I just have to figure out what kind of vintage end screw to use inside the pommel to keep all the parts together ... only vintage parts allowed :wacko

I've pondered this idea for a long time. I figure I can use a tap and die set to create the threads for the pommel end but the rod diameter is all wrong for the threads on the emitter cone which is at this point, still a Roman part. Ideas? How to? Would love to see what can be done as I love the idea of using the grenade rod for assembly.

Have you guys seen the all new Hot Toys OB1 figure? Or is this the same figure as used by teecrooz and fightercaptured?:wacko

Hey Sym-Cha ! I think they're different, but probably just older Sideshow versions. Didn't teecrooz just get a different head from somebody?

One way or the other, those HotToys/Sideshow Obi-Wans are really amazing...
PD1423889980h3E.jpg
PD142388996776r.jpg
PD1423889978It7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back