Best Graflex Replica

MOM parts are still hard to come by since they haven't all been IDed. Usually you have to wait for somebody to do a run. The 2.0/DV6, like everything else, makes accuracy sacrifices for electronics-- but is affordable.

Since it's a Graflex base though, I think my same advice stands. :)

I believe Roman mentioned possibly doing a DV ROTJ static hilt or kit when done with his current MPP project.
Perhaps someone here can confirm this.

We were all haunting Roy to do a parts run for romans graflex. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Roman mentioned possibly doing a DV ROTJ static hilt or kit when done with his current MPP project.
Perhaps someone here can confirm this.

Yeah .. I emailed Roman about this 2 days ago and he said that he didn't think that it would happen as he's busy with multiple other projects.

We were all haunting Roy to do a parts run for romans graflex. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to teecrooz (who else!) I managed to score an old Obi1kenny kit.... now I just have to find a local machine ship to put holes in my vintage Graflex top :devil

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but I'm out of the loop. Which one/what is the "TGS?"

I believe it's "The Graflex Shop"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to @teecrooz (who else!) I managed to score an old Obi1kenny kit.... now I just have to find a local machine ship to put holes in my vintage Graflex top :devil

- - - Updated - - -

I believe it's "The Graflex Shop"

man I wish I could score another Obi1kenny kit, got mine saber stole last year from my house :(
I got mine when he first had the run of them. great kits !!

I have compared the romans with a graflex 2.0 and other than the the romans they are identical. Romans of course has the internals and the graflex 2.0 has a blade holder that is 7/8. Also the top sections ate identical in inside diameter but the graflex 2.0 bottom section is a little narrow than the Romans bottom. I posted a thread of my tfa graflex if you want to see it.

Romans has a different finish, doesn't use torx or hex screws, doesn't have sound holes, has bayonet tabs and a tabbed clamp. They are identical only in the way that both are emulating the same object. Otherwise, they've very different.

Romans use a hex screw for the bunny ears. Your are right about the clamp and sound holes. Have a look at my tfa graflex and you would have a very hard time telling the two apart. You can polish a turd lol;)

- - - Updated - - -

Either replica you go with you get out of it what you put into it!

It's has been awhile since I got my Park (I believe it's the V1) graflex and Yoda's chassis. Now I hope I finally have the time to put together my first working saber. However, I have decided to keep the Park as a static and am looking at either JQsaber SS graflex or the TGS graflex as my base. Anyone comment on which one will fit Yoda chassis better? Any input will be much appreciated.. thanks

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back