NeoRutty's Prop Projects - ANH Stunt Stormtrooper Bucket - Pointers requested?

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - M1 for Rogue One

Hey!

I have two Boston Terriers and a Zombie Shih-tzu.

And they can beat some ass.

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -CALLING STORMIE HELMET EXPERTS! question on last post!

Thing is heavy... I imagine in reality your neck would get sore as **** wearing it all day. Maybe this will help thicken up my neck.

Imagine jumping out of a plane with one, and landing with 6meters per second (but with better strapping than the standard version). ;)

But you get used to it.

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -CALLING STORMIE HELMET EXPERTS! question on last post!

Imagine jumping out of a plane with one, and landing with 6meters per second (but with better strapping than the standard version). ;)

But you get used to it.
You lost me at jumping out of a plane, heh - I'm not even considering it til I'm old enough that if the chute didn't open, I could just lay back and think "well it's been a fun 95 years... guess I won't see Episode 56" - I'm going to assume you're military and I would also assume you'd hit the ground and then the helmet would slam your skull into your chest cavity a half second later :lol

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - Luke Hero finishing

So I got the Hero Kit from Nicksdad this last week, and upon seeing ANOTHER lightsaber in parts on my bench I decided I had better get my butt in gear and start finishing these projects before I'm drowning in unfinished kits.

25349962839_c198f43803_c.jpg

Since I had everything needed to finish this on hand - meaning no going out and buying stuff - I figured I'd just get right on this Luke Hero, and finish it this weekend!

*I didn't finish - but I came close!

So for this lightsaber I decided to finish it like it JUST came off the assembly line (@sym-cha - breath... it's okay... I'll beat the hell out of the V2)

So to start I took my 600 - 800 - 2000 and 3000 grit sandpaper and went to WORK on these pieces. It took HOURS to get the machine lines out, and as it stands now, it still needs some buffing/polishing... but it's getting there!

30950329396_9fe3db8931_c.jpg

25349962239_8906007727_c.jpg

I also sprayed the "grenade section" and had the RIDICULOUSLY satisfying fun of scratching the paint off the rings.

30869171072_eb92a9d566_c.jpg

I finished out the night taking some brasso and trying it out on the emitter... looked great.

25349961389_eed79d7255_c.jpg

This is gonna be SHINY...

And yeah, when I'm bored with the shine I'll probably weather the crap out of it, but for now, going for mirror finish.

Hopefully will finish tonight, but we'll see.

So I got the Hero Kit from Nicksdad this last week, and upon seeing ANOTHER lightsaber in parts on my bench I decided I had better get my butt in gear and start finishing these projects before I'm drowning in unfinished kits.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/6/5676/25349962839_c198f43803_c.jpg

Since I had everything needed to finish this on hand - meaning no going out and buying stuff - I figured I'd just get right on this Luke Hero, and finish it this weekend!

*I didn't finish - but I came close!

So for this lightsaber I decided to finish it like it JUST came off the assembly line (@sym-cha - breath... it's okay... I'll beat the hell out of the V2)

So to start I took my 600 - 800 - 2000 and 3000 grit sandpaper and went to WORK on these pieces. It took HOURS to get the machine lines out, and as it stands now, it still needs some buffing/polishing... but it's getting there!

https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5829/30950329396_9fe3db8931_c.jpg

https://c8.staticflickr.com/6/5444/25349962239_8906007727_c.jpg

I also sprayed the "grenade section" and had the RIDICULOUSLY satisfying fun of scratching the paint off the rings.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5822/30869171072_eb92a9d566_c.jpg

I finished out the night taking some brasso and trying it out on the emitter... looked great.

https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5684/25349961389_eed79d7255_c.jpg

This is gonna be SHINY...

And yeah, when I'm bored with the shine I'll probably weather the crap out of it, but for now, going for mirror finish.

Hopefully will finish tonight, but we'll see.

if i had a nickel every time she told me that... :rolleyes

the progress looks good!! good choice and sanding intervals as well! what did you use to scrap the black paint off the rings? very sharp edges it looks perfect!

what did you use to scrap the black paint off the rings? very sharp edges it looks perfect!

I only let it dry about 12 hours, then used the sharp back end of a wooden chopstick.

I live in Vancouver... all we do is eat take out sushi... I have them everywhere.

I only let it dry about 12 hours, then used the sharp back end of a wooden chopstick.

I live in Vancouver... all we do is eat take out sushi... I have them everywhere.

wow! seriously that came out great with the chopstick!

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - 99% complete Luke Hero saber

Pretty much DONE. (thanks @Nicksdad - great kit!)

31062345625_a8933f787b_c.jpg

I can't say 100% done, cuz I haven't figured what to do with the rails yet.

30920041562_63b82da701_c.jpg

I know some people are using tape, but looking at the original prop, I'm thinking of just painting, especially cuz it's not just the rails, but goes into the steps as well. So because of that, the black buttons aren't glued down yet. The arrows are.

31062343855_c5bc3aa254_c.jpg
[/url]

Now that I see this pic, close up, I need to clean up that ring! BTW... those arrows SUCKED to glue down... SUCKED. I'm not even 100% happy with where they are, but I'd rather by 95% happy then try and fix and end up at 85% happy with a dents in my forehead from banging it against the coffee table.

tweezers and glue... what a pain.

Anyway, I just need to figure WHAT paint for the rails now...

Suggestions?

Mines still sitting on my dining room table... untouched... unloved... mocking me... :cry

Nice work so far.... I'll see how much copper tape I get and share the wealth if there's enough....

Same here. Mine migrated from the basement to the office closet.

Tape is on the way, just need to wait for your post office. Snail mail

Mines still sitting on my dining room table... untouched... unloved... mocking me... :cry

Nice work so far.... I'll see how much copper tape I get and share the wealth if there's enough....
I contacted the seller, and he says he sent you enough for two...

BUT... I'm not sure that's the way to go with the rails. Cuz that would JUST be the top and side... on licensed replicas it looks like it's the top, sides, and step down.

I contacted the seller, and he says he sent you enough for two...

BUT... I'm not sure that's the way to go with the rails. Cuz that would JUST be the top and side... on licensed replicas it looks like it's the top, sides, and step down.

Step down is grey....

From Chaim's Sym-Cha build thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=105124

LukeROTJHeroControlbox.jpg

LukeROTJMOM01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

COOL. That is the kind of reference I was looking for... Though this is making me want to just paint it brass... I feel like the tape may look too messy. But I'll see how it looks when you get it. Since the step is grey, I'll likely leave it as is, painting it won't stick out much, and will just be another head banging head ache (I can tell, cuz it looks easy... when it looks easy, I end up spending hours on it)

COOL. That is the kind of reference I was looking for... Though this is making me want to just paint it brass... I feel like the tape may look too messy. But I'll see how it looks when you get it. Since the step is grey, I'll likely leave it as is, painting it won't stick out much, and will just be another head banging head ache (I can tell, cuz it looks easy... when it looks easy, I end up spending hours on it)

That's how I finished mine. You can see it on my scatter build thread. I used the tape (the same that I just sent you guys)

I still have plenty of brass rails and copper foil left from my own wonky lightsaber build and my copper foil almost turned brass in color over time since that WIP thread :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back