Mynock cave - Falcon Oxygen Mask

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok guys, i have beat'n my head enough. the last two weeks i have been searching for the parts used on the masks we see in ESB and TFA on the falcon. I found a few threads here but many were out of date. the pictures removed from the host, and in the end still couldn't find answers to my questions.

Now with TFA out and they use the mask's yet again, I'm hoping more info has risen.

So, I come to the conclusion with some searching that it was a old Medical oxygen mask, with large oxygen tube (today they are much smaller tubes). they used some 60's-70's scuba mask straps, and some little metal looking circle greeblies on the mask itself

latest?cb=20130324025209.png

image7.jpg

The hardest part for me is finding whats on the other end. I have found 1 clear picture of chewie, and 3 pictures of leia. chewies seems to be the best picture for reference

latest?cb=20080318122440.jpg

here is a good picture of her bust with the tank
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRv4VAJUVO950F7t7T9VbUsuIHx-ssVR7zdWg5r3picrgHDADEb-A.jpg

I've watched and paused TFA and can't really see the tank very well. I have searched for 2 weeks, i can't find any vintage oxygen tanks that even come close, or vintage aviation tanks. parachute tanks, everything... i then changed it up. having a back ground in mechanics it sure does look like it would pass to be a piece to a jet engine, or vintage wwII fighter.. i searched, fuel heater, oil separators, oil heat, oil cooler, hydraulic valves... oil separators were actually the closest looking part i could come up with but still far off..

I was wondering, does anyone know exactly what tank they used? if it even is a tank? i read on here someone did a run years ago and new exactly what part was used but i have had no luck getting in contact with that person. I believe they called him "Vos" in the thread i read.

I am hoping someone on here has come clues on what was used, i would love to have this sitting on the shelf, but i can't find anything close to the tank.. Help me theRPF.com you my only hope! ;)

thank you for your time

Below is some search words, as it is very hard for this to come up when searching

Manock cave Falcon breathing mask Falcon Oxygen mask ESB Oxygen Mask TFA Oxygen Mask ESB life support TFA life support mynock cave life support

I've been looking into this project for a while as well. Never could find out where the tank was from. I'll be following this thread though and doing what i can to help out:)

Good luck,
Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I've been looking into this project for a while as well. Never could find out where the tank was from. I'll be following this thread though and doing what i can to help out:)

Good luck,
Alex

thanks alex, apparently someone by the name Vos (i don't think that's his screenname) found the actual screen used prop back in 2011.

he did a run of replicas of them as well. with all my time here i have never seen a replica or heard of Vos.

i sure hope someone sees this and can help us complete this prop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks alex, apparently someone by the name Vos (i don't think that's his screenname) found the actual screen used prop back in 2011.

he did a run of replicas of them as well. with all my time here i have never seen a replica or heard of Vos.

Interesting. Yeh I'll look into that. If I can't find anything on the original prop tho, to scratch building I go!! Lol

Alex

Interesting. Yeh I'll look into that. If I can't find anything on the original prop tho, to scratch building I go!! Lol

Alex

i've been looking for close parts to build my own as well. i was looking at making it out of PVC plumbers tubing. i don't know for sure but it kinda looks like the bottom of it is square shaped though.... and making the top funnel part would be challenging with plumbers parts...

06a513c1026f5dcbadc44189fe5c7096.jpg

I found this image of the chewbacca bust. Not sure it's accurate but it shows better detail than this image:
60058e62a42410929915717abbcb42c9.jpg

I was thinking PVC tubing as well but I'm still not sure yet.

Alex

I wonder if the mask is a simple oxygen mask or more of an anesthesia mask..like would be used During minor procedures. Not sure about the greeblies on the mask. As for the canister, I have no idea. Some sort of regulator maybe.

If you are talking about RPF member Vos - I think his real name is Neil Ellis and he can be found here: http://www.neil-ellis.com/

I think it sorta looks like a Venturi mask...
e619d0c62a5f6ae1be8761ecdd6b3bf3.jpg

Edit: On closer look it's probably a non-rebreather, if people want to be accurate about describing it...

e2aba351f4554722f8a9fcd5d4761e09.jpg

Last edited:
exactly guys, the mask is a old oxygen mask the ambulance would throw on you. where the the metal greebleis are are the vents on the mask.

you can find the masks and hoses on ebay. my biggest headache is this dang tank...

If you are talking about RPF member Vos - I think his real name is Neil Ellis and he can be found here: http://www.neil-ellis.com/

thank you! for some reason the website isn't loading on my phone, hopefully it loads tonight on my computer.

supposedly he's the man to ask about this prop as he has discovered the original. hopefully the rumors are true and he can help us

I tried three times ordering an oxygen masks off Ebay that looked like the same one and they always arrived looking totally different and I was told it's a stock pic everytime

The strap is from a scuba mask. I have searched lots of vintage scuba masks but have yet to find the exact one.

Vos goes by the name of Laser Brain now : http://www.therpf.com/member.php?u=163 ... yet I can't find a thread by him of this prop :wacko

Chaim

uncle chaim! thanks for the advice buddy!! from what i have read in the old threads It sounds like he did a run. the run threads aren't archived and won't come up in searches so i can't prove he did a run here on the site. maybe he had a website and sold them on there? I'm going to check see if that website of his still works and get in touch with him

hopefully he has some info for us

Via his profile page (see my link) you can send him an email too which he will receive to reply directly to yours ... he was on here just a week ago with a sales thread :)

Chaim

Via his profile page (see my link) you can send him an email too which he will receive to reply directly to yours ... he was on here just a week ago with a sales thread :)

Chaim

i have sent a email and PM. fingers crossed!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back