Edraven99's Collection Tread - Long Overdue Updates

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Graflex ESB Update!

And some day soon.... I go down to Seattle for a day trip of drillin' holes!

You ever find your helmet?

Yup. Bigturc hooked me up with an AP B - cast for a deal. There are people who are going to shed a tear when they see a finished bucket get scrawled all over.

I'll have to post it in the autograph thread!

"Here's my stormie bucket signed by 40 people no one's heard of... ignore the penis doodles."

Last edited by a moderator:

Minor update... but it's amazing how something as small as a D ring can help to finish off the look of something...

Special thanks to Sym-Cha for the correct sized vintage D-ring and to NeoRutty and his buddy with the drill press for the... well... drilling ;)

2016-08-21%20008_zpsksfk9hnn.jpg

2016-08-21%20003_zpsjv0kxvej.jpg

So this is about 98% there... well until I can find a proper one-step shroud... I just need to replace the bubble strip with the frosted strip that I traded for.

On to the next couple of projects....

2016-08-21%20009_zpsx1xupytz.jpg

2016-08-21%20008_zpsksfk9hnn.jpg

2016-08-21%20003_zpsjv0kxvej.jpg

2016-08-21%20009_zpsx1xupytz.jpg

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - MPP ESB Update!

At this point I'm almost more jealous of people who find full length Canons than ones who find Graflexes.

MPP looks great ... just one tip towards that D-ring ... clip a little of the both ends hidden inside the shroud this will give you a little more room to adjust and squeeze the rest of the D into a more D or rounder shape as seen here :

MPP05.jpg

ESB_Darth_Vader_Hero_Lightsaber_3_zpseavwlnoo.jpg

DV%20MPP%20Shroud%20D-ring_zpsoesdxjod.jpg

Chaim

MPP looks great ... just one tip towards that D-ring ... clip a little of the both ends hidden inside the shroud this will give you a little more room to adjust and squeeze the rest of the D into a more D or rounder shape as seen here :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/MPP05.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/ESB_Darth_Vader_Hero_Lightsaber_3_zpseavwlnoo.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/DV MPP Shroud D-ring_zpsoesdxjod.jpg

Chaim

Interesting... I actually *did* snip off a little of the ends... I didn't realize that that much material needed to be taken out though... thanks!

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - a Non-Lightsaber Update?! Wha??

Well... the wheels, they are in motion in my next big add to my collection... and it's not a lightsaber :eek

This opportunity came on unexpectedly, but definitely a 'grail' item to be sure and I can hardly wait!

We're still months away, but I've already started collecting parts for it in anticipation...

A little tease for those who know what these are for, and for those who don't to ponder over:

IMG_3214.jpg

Can't wait! :D

IMG_3214.jpg

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - a Non-Lightsaber Update?! Wha??

Looks like some one is putting together a very accurate ANH helmet. I've never been able to find these specific ones. I only have the wider ones that have to be modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what the value of those ANH 'apple tabs', as I recall them being called, is in regards to current days G R A F L E X's value :wacko

Chaim

I wonder what the value of those ANH 'apple tabs', as I recall them being called, is in regards to current days G R A F L E X's value :wacko

Chaim

Heh... the demand for them I don't think is *quite* as high as the demand for G R A F L E X's so they're still "reasonable"; at least the set I got was. That and I don't think too many people know what they're for... even in the Star Wars prop community... Hell I didn't even know they existed until I started down this dark path....

Man I bought ONE helmet kit... ONE... and it opened the door to wanting a Kylo helmet... which is now another project.

thankfully, like the MPP, I'm not a huge Vader guy, so I won't likely fall down that rabbit hole...

But I thoroughly look forward to seeing what you got coming.

Heh... the demand for them I don't think is *quite* as high as the demand for G R A F L E X's so they're still "reasonable"; at least the set I got was. That and I don't think too many people know what they're for... even in the Star Wars prop community... Hell I didn't even know they existed until I started down this dark path....

Do they come with their counterpart that sits inside the dome ... or is there just one kind which fits into eachother on either side ... mask and dome?

Chaim

Do they come with their counterpart that sits inside the dome ... or is there just one kind which fits into eachother on either side ... mask and dome?

Chaim

That I don't know.... yet. I managed to get a hold of two 'sets' - which are presented as having a 'top' and a 'bottom' and they're in transit to me now. I have a sneaky suspicion that the pieces are interchangeable based on all of the pictures that I've seen, but I won't know for certain until I have them in hand...

Chaim

First batch of tabs have arrived and I *can* confirm that there are no "tops" and "bottoms"... All of the tabs are identical and can be interchangeably used... the problem of course is that you need three sets to be completely accurate....

IMG_3235.JPG

IMG_3235.JPG

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Obi Wan Display WIP

Well, thanks to NeoRutty and his buddy's drill work on my original chrome AS hand wheel and teecrooz for the authentic booster cone, it's almost time to put my baby to bed.... I still need a custom stand made and a plaque designed and made as well, but I've started thinking about how I'm going to display everything.

As always... thoughts and suggestions are appreciated :)

IMG_3301_zpsf8wgo5nr.jpg

IMG_3306_zps8cwvehpr.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back