Real Hovering Jedi Training Remote: FINISHED!

OMG need a 3D printer now ... :D

I got this cheap kit printer for free a couple of years ago. I had no desire for a 3d printer but because it was free I said why not. and I have used this thing a TON! for everyday projects around the house, to prop stuff, to tools, guides, jigs, you name it. I've had a blast with it. I don't know why it took so long to realize I could finally redo this remote very cheaply. I think I ended up using about $2 in material and I bought 1 can of spray paint that I didn't already have.

I am loving this build. Super accurate prop and even more amazing display. I'd originally scrapped the idea of doing a blast shield helmet but I recently picked up a kit online and I'm just about done with the build and then paint and weathering.

After seeing this I may need to get a training remote to go with it!

Incredible work Trent!

Yep, a Blast shield helmet is next on the list to complete the display. Curious where you got the kit.

I am loving this build. Super accurate prop and even more amazing display. I'd originally scrapped the idea of doing a blast shield helmet but I recently picked up a kit online and I'm just about done with the build and then paint and weathering.

After seeing this I may need to get a training remote to go with it!

Incredible work Trent!

I got my kit here:

http://goldenarmor.com/training-helmet/2010/3/27/training-helmet.html

I also bought some CA glue and extra styrene sheets to reinforce the interior at my local hobby shop. The main decals of the "flames" was one of the ones sold by Enaswede from his extra sets he is selling in the Junkyard.

If your blast shield build is anything like this training remote I can only imagine how amazing your display is going to look with everything all set up.

Re: Real Floating Jedi Training Remote 2.0: 10 YEARS LATER!

This deserves “prop of the year” award!!!

No one thought it could be done the first time, and trent proved them all wrong

Now he’s even perfected it

Out of this world!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats! this shows amazing dedication and thought. It is an awesome accomplishment.

can you describe a few technical things....what (if anything) is inside of the globe? Or is it just the metal globe that came with the electromagnet thing? The original electromagnet thingy had both a top and a bottom...was the top just for decoration and completely non functional? essentially which parts of the original top and bottom were essential/important?
Can u describe a little more about what you mean about the globe needing to be heavier (not lighter) to function correctly.

The only critique I have is that you can see the seam along the equator of the remote. some putty and sanding could take care of that..if it wouldnt interfere with the function of the globe

I'd love to have one like this on my shelves.

Reading this post really cheered me up. Thank you so much for your persistence, amazing craftsmanship and the will to spit in the face of ‘the impossible’ and do what others said could not be done. Today, good Sir, you are my hero.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back