Imperial Probe Droid 1/12 scale

Stay away from Atomic City like the plague :angry Lost more than $300 on a kit that was never delivered!!

Yep. Same here. Very common complaint. And then kits get sold on Ebay and people who ordered ages ago are ignored in all ways.

Anyways...

Love me some probe droid! So Sci-Fy-ey and sinister, even H.G. Wells-ey.

Scott Alexander/Captain Cardboard/Atomic City went through some bad reversals of fortune a couple of years ago- a close partner died and he has some serious health issues.
What is happening now is that Scott is casting and selling kits on eBay to raise money to be able to cast and send kits which have been preordered- essentially bootstrapping production costs. I do not know how many kits can be produced from each eBay sale this way, but what is worse is that he is not responding to any attempts to communicate with him. Some people offered to pay extra so he could buy materials to cast their kits, others offered to help him in producing kits since they are in the same business themselves, no offer has been accepted.
Sadly while he does incredible work, I fear he has dug himself into a hole from which there is no easy escape.

Just ordered mine with the lighting kit via the JPG facebook page yesterday. Jimi told me that he has just run out, but he should be casting new ones this weekend, so fresh models inbound. Can't wait to put mine together. This will be my first 'garage kit,' so to speak. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back