eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

it s made out of fibre glass/ polyester, isn´t it? I think heat would not give any results than. its not ABS.

You can heat and shape fiberglass. It's just fibers soaked in resin. The only thing, however, is that you risk damaging the paint.

Had to reshape cold-cast fiberglass gauntlets for my girlfriend's Jango which is where I learned about it.

At least you have it @Jediwannabe six months ago no one would believe it.

Its a lineage, licensed scout and that's the best and worst of it.... if altering devalues it.
like you say it is what it is.

I'm still jealous because the only thing that stopped me ordering it was the price, if it had been cheaper you would soon be getting a new thread about cutting this bad boy up.

Also maybe the face plate is too far forward? could you measure the distance from the outside lip of the visor back to the faceplate
please? to compare it to the RS.

Regarding one of the excuses EFX has voiced recently - that Disney has objected to the inclusion of the Scout pistol with the "Legend" helmets. This again smacks of unprofessionalism from EFX, given the FOUR years of development - and is something any reasonable company should be able to resolve via a bit of planning, offering alternatives etc.

I have been in contact with Disney regarding this debacle and they are apparently 'working on a solution', so am pleased they are now putting EFX under some pressure to resolve this mess.

As far as the "Limited" is concerned, it’s an okay and reasonably accurate replica. However the visor gap, pivot 'bungs', flaring and soft nose demonstrate just why it’s an 'average' helmet at best.

Cheers

Jez

So is Disney going to put a stop to any replica Star Wars blasters from now on because it's "politically incorrect".This is the first I've seen of this and if true Wow we're really heading down a silly path now. :(

Ben

For the scoutblaster its bad(because it was from the Original)...but for other blasters there are enough and better fanmade options out there.

So is Disney going to put a stop to any replica Star Wars blasters from now on because it's "politically incorrect".This is the first I've seen of this and if true Wow we're really heading down a silly path now. :(

Ben
Have there been any non-toy like licensed replica SW blasters available in years? The closest is the Anovos FO blaster kit.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Ben

Yeap, they will change the Star Wars saga name into Star Peace.

Are you serious? Disney will not produce any replica blasters?! Where can I read more of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was the Propshop bowcaster and the current Anovos FO blasters kit. Have there been any other recent ones? Even licensed replica lightsabers are rare other than Propshop. They seem to be focused on toy weapons.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

So how much do people think EFX would charge for a cast off original scout pistol? They can knock it off the total if its not going to be included.

There are still plenty of guns and battles in the films.

They allowed someone to get a lightsaber through the face in TLJ.

Disney has been fine with lightsaber and blaster toys.

Maybe they are just avoiding licensing blasters that look too much like actual guns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Eh, I'm not sure Disney is ruling out making high-end replica blasters, though it would be quite hypocritical if they did. Real or not, Star Wars are largely violent movies of conflict. Sure, there's little blood, and all, but if you pay attention to how many people actually get killed, dismembered or otherwise blown to hell, it's obvious how violent it really is. That battle with the Praetorian Guards in TLJ was probably the most "brutul" lightsaber-esk fights we've seen since ATOC w/ Anakin/Dooku (Not counting the rogue one vader scene). Additionally, the fact they are actively marketing toy blasters in multiple forms for kids, well, why would they pull high end replicas if they're trying to get children in on the action?

I could be wrong, though. I do feel PC culture is at an extreme these days. The pendulum will swing back eventually though

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back