First Build! trying a fallout 4 Laser pistol or rifle. need help starting.

Mizira

im wanting to try and build a laser rifle from fallout 4. ive been trying to get a blueprint for building one so i can get all the dimensions. but since printing out a 1:1 scale blueprint and trying to measure from that isnt really an option for me right now, i was wondering if anyone knew of a file and or program that i could use to measure the dimensions on my computer? i work with Mastercam constantly at work so something like that would be great. i really dont know much about the best ways to get all the dimensions.
so i guess what im saying is HELP! i have no idea what im doing. lol.

Thanks for reading the ramble,

Welcome aboard. Sorry I can't help with your specific question but definitely use the search feature. Tons of advice on here.

Mizira

Hi

Volpin Props have a laser rifle blueprint for sale here for $5. If you do buy it, you can then open it in Inkscape which is a free drawing program and take measurements from there using the ruler tool. It will need scaling to the size you want first and the are some tips for that from Punished Props here.

Hope that's useful

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
BobSmith42
thank you , Inkscape is exactly the thing im looking for.
sean
thank you for the thread link, its got lots of good info. i should have used the search function first.
sorry for the noob post.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back