The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

A long time ago in a galaxy very close to here a prop maker/team responded with "you want us to build what from this, you've got to be kidding right...."

After an interesting journey of just over a years time my collection is now complete for an all vintage Obi. MTFBWY as it has been with me.

Just received the last item to my puzzle today, the Hales, which was located here in the US in a military collectors collection as was my booster/FH which was the first puzzle piece I found on my journey and caused me to continue the path.

Enjoy the eye candy.

View attachment 754026View attachment 754027View attachment 754028View attachment 754029View attachment 754030View attachment 754031View attachment 754032View attachment 754037View attachment 754036View attachment 754035View attachment 754034View attachment 754033View attachment 754038
You found two grenades? Same time?

Last edited by a moderator:
NeoRutty no I found the relic version (guess I don't need it anymore) about 6 months ago and asked the seller if he had or knew of a better quality one, he came through a couple weeks ago by convincing one of his collector friends to sell. So I in essence got both from same guy but at different times.

fezfox sorry to hear that, PM me for some information if you get a chance, but glad to hear you found another.

I'm in awe of you all
one of my future dream builds £££££ in the bank first, remortgage the house, sell a Kidney, I bow down to you all

After an interesting journey of just over a years time my collection is now complete for an all vintage Obi.

:eek just over one year?!? It took me well over 35 years and that still includes a male converted BP and an a-symmetric grenade :wacko

Chaïm

Sym-Cha lots and lots of "cold calling" emails to random people, most being military collectors, on a weekly to monthly basis with them agreeing to reach out for me to their contacts. And unfortunately mine is also a Romans "snipped" male BP which in todays market is good enough for me to call it complete. Some out there may disagree but the searchers know how SUPER rare the females have become. Besides with the fire treatment I did to it you can barely tell the difference.

It occurs to me, that the males and females should be of almost equal rarity. Although, the DEMAND is no doubt quite different... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's likely but I don't think it was realized until more recently that the male could be machined to look more female so they weren't in as such high demand and therefore more available. But I'm just assuming here since I haven't been into this hobby very long and wasn't looking until about a year ago. There might also be more males just tossed away and scrapped.

Hadn't thought of that; which would make males the more rare, wouldn't it?

The correct balance pipes, whether male or female, only come from a specific variant of the engine. That alone is rare. So, to me it makes sense that they would be equally scarce. If people actually threw out males from the correct engine variant, then that would make them even more rare.

After the initial discovery was made, there seemed to be quite a few of the incorrect BPs floating around. And they didn't go for that much. i think I paid between $50 and $80 for the couple that I had over the years. Now, I'm sure the asking price for even incorrect BPs would be astronomical.

Maybe some of the members who were in on the earliest engine finds can shed light on what became of the first male pipes...

I spent the extra cash for the true vintage female pipe because the saber is a Grail for me. It would have just irked me every time I looked at it otherwise.

In the end, it'll only be known by the owner so it just depends on how anal (or extravagant) you're willing to be. Friends will think it's incredible just holding one that is truly vintage parts, neverminding the pipe.

I've never even seen a true vintage female pipe come up for sale. :-(

I've never even seen a true vintage female pipe come up for sale. :-(

I've seen it three times... all of them were parts of real parts kits and I believe all three were listed on the JY, with one being a link to an eBay auction....

All other FBPs that I'm aware of were all more or less already spoken for whenever a correct engine was found and purchased - the three aforementioned included...

Ahhh, I was thinking as an individual part. Love to be a part of another engine find. Wouldn't that be cool?

A hell of a lot higher then that $50 to $80 you were saying. I bought mine for damn near $825 (after converting it.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he was talking about the ones from the engines that didn't receive the upgrade. They had less holes and slightly different shapes.

Attachments

• IMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 127
A hell of a lot higher then that $50 to $80 you were saying. I bought mine for damn near $825 (after converting it.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was talking about the incorrect BPs. I sincerely hope you didn't pay that much for an incorrect one. A converted male, fine. I could see that. But an incorrect one like what teecrooz posted? Nope.

I was talking about the incorrect BPs. I sincerely hope you didn't pay that much for an incorrect one. A converted male, fine. I could see that. But an incorrect one like what teecrooz posted? Nope.

Heh nope... he got his male from me... correct BP... just male ;)

As a side, I've actually been on the hunt for a male incorrect BP... you wouldn't happen to still have any of yours?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back