My 1/72 Bandai Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon

After finally calling the paint, weathering and detailing done, it was time to upgrade the stand. I had parts left over from the gazillion 1/350 Enterprise builds I did and they offered a simple and quick solution . I wanted to retain the lower gun detail. At first I was going the whole ILM route, but fearing I would misplace the gun, or worse destroy it somehow, I decided it needed to stay. I drilled a hole the size of the steel tube and using epoxy I cemented the inner attachment. The model is quite sturdy and easily removed if I want to do a Diorama or another display option. Since I plan on doing some EFX Filming on this model it works out quite well. Next up is the purging of the kits supplied engine lighting for a More accurate ILM effect as seen on the 5' Filming model...

looks particularly nice - has the looks of the well abused pirate ship - nicely weathered, not too much and not too little. I built the deAgostini parts builder Falcon last year and painted it up from scratch - its quite easy to go around in circles with this ship not knowing when you've got it just right with the paint and weathering - I'd say your Bandai kit looks mighty fine and spot on.

She's finished. I removed the engine lighting and installed Bright White LEDs of my own. However I did retail the grid detail...for now. I did remove it to see the look but it was too plain and boring. However,Who knows I may take it out and put my Clear strip back.

This is hands down the best PG Falcon I have seen yet. You have perfectly captured the tone and feel of the studio model. This is a level of finish that gets me excited just looking at it! Great job man!

This is hands down the best PG Falcon I have seen yet. You have perfectly captured the tone and feel of the studio model. This is a level of finish that gets me excited just looking at it! Great job man!

Many Sincere and humble thanks Carnet! I am finally happy with the results!

Wow simply amazing! You captured the look incredibly well!
Thinking about changing the lights when mine comes in. How did you wire them up? Did you keep the battery pack or change it out?

Wow simply amazing! You captured the look incredibly well!
Thinking about changing the lights when mine comes in. How did you wire them up? Did you keep the battery pack or change it out?

Many Thanks!
The engine lighting is operated off of a separate Switch and power source. I have ,however retained the other batter box as I still have the landing gear and rear cockpit lights operated from there. The Kits lighting for the engine was, of course, removed.

What a masterpeice. Nice work. The amount of talent and hard work on this forum is just amazing. Your paint job is incredible and I love the hangar Bay diorama.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back