Show your custom Lightsabers!

Thanks guys! I wasn't sure about the length. It's definitely #longAF but it's starting to grow on me. I initially just didn't want to alter the DMB bottom until I was committed to the extension I made out of the Sol. Now that I'm confident about that I'll probably chop it down to a more manageable length.
SethS I knew you'd like that button box. In my head I kept thinking "Steth-style" all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey MattBud ! SHROUD. Super with it, too cylindrical without it.

Hey veektohr ! I really like the emitter insides of your Heiland/Zeiss/Canon smashup... but that outside and Kobold... I don't like how big and sockety it looks (like a big Craftsman socket got stuck on top). That two-handed De Mornay Budd is a keeper though! Diggin' the extra length!!!

It's funny though, every time I see a De Mornay Budd, I'm reminded of Marty's CALVIN KLEIN incedent with his mom in Back to the Future, like that's clearly Mrs. De Mornay Budd's lightsaber.

Hey @veektohr ! I really like the emitter insides of your Heiland/Zeiss/Canon smashup... but that outside and Kobold... I don't like how big and sockety it looks (like a big Craftsman socket got stuck on top). That two-handed De Mornay Budd is a keeper though! Diggin' the extra length!!!

I feel yah. I'm hoping the H/Z/C mashup looks more balanced with some grips. Definitely too top-heavy right now. The emitter guts are parts from a Canon bulb socket and a coaxial cable connector painted gunmetal grey. I'm really happy with how it turned out too!

Here are two I built (and reluctantly sold :( ) from a few years ago. Both were hand cut/filed from various sizes of aluminium pipe, sheet, stock, brass pieces and junk from the greeblies box.
fec08679501200fab6c348eeeb41f44c.jpg
58381c44909bec175cf6887df3dcc9b2.jpg
a146c7a3798573d6918fbcff463c807b.jpg
b7f7edd53280961726a09f07d0012bec.jpg
cc548405603fd4340acd54dbb725dfdf.jpg
7773e673d578e4bbf19ea0f9b85918c7.jpg
2b278fafb7a12c0bbc2c7a28f49732d8.jpg
3848254b7748bd7eb237d56d8e38954e.jpg
29964d3ad5cc6c1e2f33cd9bf840ec47.jpg
669c9a9d70072725e6e6a1089e7b0b2e.jpg
6c0ed0e16a06fbeaca585977c5b83e4d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On our little build day I started and stopped work on a couple different sabers until Veektor and Anubis helped me focus. I got a bunch on the line now...

First-- my version of a PT saber.... this is the first time I've assembled a saber with a rod and nuts and washers...

pt1.jpg
pt2.jpg
pt3.jpg
pt4.jpg

And after that I was super eager to try another rod assembly...

skinny1.jpg
skinny2.jpg
skinny3.jpg
skinny4.jpg

And one more....

blackgold1.jpg
blackgold2.jpg
blackgold3.jpg
blackgold4.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you!

And actually, the central body of that one is one of those Heiland slave units you traded to me last year.

veektohr yes sir it's a Peak clamp. This is made up of an Abbey, Heiland, and Peak slipped over a plumbing tube. SethS you gotta bend the sides of the wide clamp towards you a little bit to get something flat in and then it fits nice and snug.

Oh! I've never seen a PCB used in one of those wide clips before. Cool!

With that configuration, the sideways activation plate denotes that @MattBud has set his lightsaber up for a blade that emits perpendicular to the length of the handle. The round emitter projects a "blade" that is actually formed more like a wide flat disc and is used as a shield against attacks from lightsabers, blasters, hurled rocks, Ewok arrows, etc.. This choice of lightsaber is used strictly for defense, and is used primarily by a rare pacifist sect of Jedi Monks who have chosen to omit any offensive training from their doctrine! ;)

p.s. These are known as Shieldsabers.

Last edited:
I think I'm about done with this Abbey flash.

I'd like to see what you come up with for grips though! Maybe some O-rings or knurled washers spaced out up the handle?

If that little thumb-hooked baseball diamond lever at the top swings out, a hidden retractable crystal would be really cool!

Keep at it! Ya can't stop with only one neat idea you know?! ;)

I've had a zeiss ikon Stuttgart flash for ages. It's awesome, satin black with chrome diamond knurled parts, a graflex style clamp and its huge like an mpp! I first glued a chrome spacer where the plastic bulb cover was ( left the bulb in there) and...tha was it. I stuck a Kobold bulb socket in this socket since the original was so large and empty. Then I hit a creative wall.

finally, in a box of old physics equipment I found a knurled thumbscrew that was the same threading as the clamp (the original nut was huge and ugly, google them) ...then I decided black t track would look a little weird, as would EU style track. Seth inspired me to cut some aluminum and file the ends into a radius or curve. Did just that, 1/4" wide with a new freaking jigsaw! So some of them are a little off but that's Star Wars! I manually countersunk some self tapping screws in the bottoms like the ESB saber too....d ring?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    882.2 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    356.6 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    440.8 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 130

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back