Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Constant tire-squeal noise in car scenes, that have no business being heard based on driving conditions.

Tires actually can 'squeal' on a smooth dry dirt/earth surface. I've heard it happen myself more than once.

Any scene where our hero would rather beat their foe down with his/her bare hands than simply point their gun and shoot! That premise is fine! I get that! But what really bothers me is making a point to lower the weapon, the constant emptying of the chamber, having the bullet fall to the ground and then dropping both the clip and gun on the floor.

Building tension? No... time waster! ;)

Tires actually can 'squeal' on a smooth dry dirt/earth surface. I've heard it happen myself more than once.

That's only partly what I mean. But for example, one of the last episodes of Prison Break is where it reminded me: SUV, driving down the road at what appears to be about 40 mph in pursuit of another. I'm all for them squealing if they are yanking the wheel and whipping into a corner. But casual lane changes, and even STRAIGHT AHEAD driving, and the sounds were still there. So either they pegged a curb, and are dragging a seriously f'd up busted rear wheel with zero ill effects on the handling and conveniently hidden from view, or.... they might just be overdoing it a tad for dramatic effect :)

Demographics that are disproportionate to real life.
A Russian man I knew came to the US and he said the first thing he noticed was there wasn't nearly as many gay and Jewish people than he'd assumed there were before arriving here. I asked how he made that observation and he said, "American TV. Many of each on every show." He also said he had no idea there were any many African-Americans and Hispanic people in the US as they don't get on TV as much as whites did.
I'd never thought about that until he said it, but all those observations are accurate if you watch TV...

Demographics that are disproportionate to real life.
A Russian man I knew came to the US and he said the first thing he noticed was there wasn't nearly as many gay and Jewish people than he'd assumed there were before arriving here. I asked how he made that observation and he said, "American TV. Many of each on every show." He also said he had no idea there were any many African-Americans and Hispanic people in the US as they don't get on TV as much as whites did.
I'd never thought about that until he said it, but all those observations are accurate if you watch TV...

that is just the same as alot of people think we Dutch mostly live in windmills. well we dont, me for excample was born in a watermill and lived there till i was 18 :p :p

as for movie pet peaves; if someone has been shot/injured of whatever in lets say right leg and need to walk with a cane/crutch. use it the right way, not in right hand but the left!

that is just the same as alot of people think we Dutch mostly live in windmills. well we dont, me for excample was born in a watermill and lived there till i was 18 :p :p
Stereotypes are common in films.
Not every person from the US Southeast an ignorant, racist redneck.
Not every conservative is an agent of evil.
Not every German has a black heart and loves hurting people.
Yet, all the above are still staples of films. You can't make fun of many other groups anymore, but the ones above? I see them every day...

Stereotypes are common in films.
Not every person from the US Southeast an ignorant, racist redneck.
Not every conservative is an agent of evil.
Not every German has a black heart and loves hurting people.
Yet, all the above are still staples of films. You can't make fun of many other groups anymore, but the ones above? I see them every day...

Agreed... sometimes its just better to turn the channel... or better yet... go outside :)

Long black leather coats over black clothes. Basically, half the casts of the Matrix movies and Underworld movies.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back