Show Your Harry Potter Wands

Here's my first replica wand: Albus Dumbledore's (a.k.a. The Elder Wand)
7f63e9797914cb8df11b46fc223f1553.jpg

I posted a tutorial over on Instructables for anyone who wants to make their own: https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Dumbledores-Wand-the-Elder-Wand/

I have quite a few replica wands, but I just recently got the grail of my Potter collection. I was lucky enough to purchase, from one of the owners of a Prop Company and a person with one of the largest private collection of screen used Potter props, a production made and screen used Harry Potter wand from The Deathly Hallows. I posted a few pictures here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=130892&p=4292444&viewfull=1#post4292444

and here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=130892&p=4292592&viewfull=1#post4292592

I've make a couple of dozen wands over the last few years. I started making them for my daughter, and her friends inevitably see them and ask for one. I enjoy making them, so I just give them away. My rule tends to be that if kids ask, I give them. If adults ask, they pay for them. These are some pictures of my last two. The first one is my own design, made of Gaboon Ebony. The second one is my take on the Elder Wand, made from left over kayu balu wood from my new deck. The inset is made from artificial acrylic bone from Lee Valley. This is the only time I've done a replica. My wife often makes wand bags for them as well.

IMG_4055.jpgIMG_4057.jpg
IMG_4091.jpgIMG_4092.jpg

A few recent wand I’ve made. I had a handful more, but have since given them away to friends or their children. The short ones are intended for my kid [emoji4]

950433e2d1c2b6d34e54d6cd90d35083.jpg

Last edited:
Well I don't yet have my wand ready but I am making a Racing broom toy for my little cousin. It's a Christmas gift though she may be a tad young to play with it this year I'll be giving it to her mother. What is funny was I started it as a Nimbus 2000 but realized too late that the broom tip while the right shape, that is right if I could invert it's facing so it sloped up, so for her broom I'm making a new brand of Racing broom.

I saw a drawing of a Comet brand broom on the net that has a almost perfect fit, but as it doesn't belong to me similar shape is all it will have. Name wise I was thinking "Mallow Shocker 2388" the name stems from a date that is very very important in my life and my second favorite Mario RPG Character just behind Geno, Prince Mallow Nimbus and one of his special attacks from the game. Mallow got his name from clouds both ways Marshmallow consistency we think clouds would feel like if we could hold them and Nimbus which we all know where that name came from for both the character and the racing broom company.

It's a unique present for her and will be I hope Barbie doll scale when she gets to that age. Anyway these photos are blurry and also out of date as I had to restart adding the twigs to the back as the glue I used got kind of gummy (Anyone have that kind of trouble with Gorilla brand wood glue?) so yeah I am also going to give it a redish (Maybe blue not sure, no green as that ould look too much like that Comet design I saw.) hue in the broom handle after I get the Twigs on and then give it a logo (Yes I'm going to make one small enough I have a image editor that creates Vector graphics so I can shink it no detail lost) Any crits are welcome.

View media item 24

I've been collecting wands when I can afford to do so, which isn't much of the time, but here's my collection. It's a mix of the Noble mystery wands, a light-up Harry Potter wand, an interactive WWOHP Snape wand, and the Noble Collection Dumbledore and Voldemort wands. Click the thumbnails for the full-size images.

All Wands.jpg

Wand Collection.jpg Organized by type of wand and with rulers for measurement comparisons
Noble Mystery Wands Series 1.jpg Noble Mystery Wands - Series 1
Noble Mystery Wands Series 2.jpg Noble Mystery Wands - Series 2 (Just released!)
Remaining Wands.jpg All other wands

For those of you who are curious about how the Noble Mystery wands compare to the Noble Collections wands, here's some comparison images and info.
Harry Wands Comparison.jpg Harry Potter Light-up vs Noble Mystery: The wood look on Harry's wand is great and is more realistic than the light-up version. The coloring along the shaft seems a tad darker than it should be, but still great.
Snape Wands Comparison.jpg Snape Interactive WWOHP vs Noble Mystery: The intricate design on the handle isn't etched quite as deep on the Mystery wand but it is still very clear.
Voldy Wands Comparison.jpg Voldemort Noble Collection vs Noble Mystery: The Mystery wand has more of a matte look than it's more expensive counterpart and is lighter in coloring. The black spots aren't shaded around them to make it look naturally-occurring and come off looking a bit odd when inspected up close.
Dumbledore Wands Comparison.jpg Dumbledore Noble Collection vs Noble Mystery: The Mystery wand reduces the length by shortening the distance between the bumps along the shaft, which ends up making it look kinda like a stubby re-imagining of the wand rather than a recreation. The indention spots on the bumps and on the handle are done extremely well and look much like the Collection version.

The Noble mystery wands are a MUCH sturdier material and are made to be either played with or displayed. Better option for kids to handle, definitely. They are slightly fatter and smaller than other wands because they're all made to be the same length, but still have pretty good quality for the most part. The attempt at a wood-grain look on Tonks and Krum's wands don't look realistic and appear more like streaks painted on. Overall I think the Noble Mystery wands are definitely worth getting if you want something you can handle regularly or for a version you can use with cosplay. Because they do appear to be entirely made of PVC, I wouldn't suggest using them in displays which could potentially bend them though.

Attachments

• IMG_2372.jpg
    IMG_2372.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 227
Those I made, several years ago, all sold to same collector in CA.
The Potter wand was supposed to host light and electronic, but I never installed it, so I took a shot of it open, with phoenix feather inside.
The elder has no paint on that picture, and the Snape is not finished, but all have been finished.

20x 31.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back