UNCHARTED: Among Thieves - Drake's Journal

Wow! This is amazing! I'm a big fan of the uncharted games and was planning on making my own journal could you give me any helpful hints and tips :)

Amazing work!

Wow! This is amazing! I'm a big fan of the uncharted games and was planning on making my own journal could you give me any helpful hints and tips :)

Amazing work!

Thanks for the comments..btw you wouldn't happen to be from South Florida?
Your screen name happens to be the same name of a night club that used to be down here about 15 years ago.

I'm sure you've heard this question about a thousand times, but what type of journal did you use? It looks like a sketch journal but is it a specific type? Also, what is the size of it? But all in all it's the darn near greatest thing I've ever seen in my life! I've been with Uncharted since it first came out, and this... this just blew my mind to bits! It's the most incredible thing I've ever seen! I'd definitely love to try it! Any tips? :) Also, how did you get the last 12 pages to look like that? Is there any way I could get a copy? They're incredible!

Last edited:
I'm sure you've heard this question about a thousand times, but what type of journal did you use? It looks like a sketch journal but is it a specific type? Also, what is the size of it? But all in all it's the darn near greatest thing I've ever seen in my life! I've been with Uncharted since it first came out, and this... this just blew my mind to bits! It's the most incredible thing I've ever seen! I'd definitely love to try it! Any tips? :) Also, how did you get the last 12 pages to look like that? Is there any way I could get a copy? They're incredible!

THanks for the comments.

The Journal I used was a Moleskine 5"x8.25" sketchbook.
It doesn't come in blue so I had to color the cover.

The last 12 pages were done by another member of the board named Kredepops (It saved me a lot of time)
Those pages were printed on parchment printer paper (It's kind of yellowish and old looking). Once the pages were printed I went ahead and aged it some more with a mix of sepia and water dabbed on with a paper towel.

As for a copy, this is the only one I made, it was all done by hand and extremely time consuming so I probably wont be making another one.
However, if you check out the paper props section, theres an entire thread with the research, images and all the information needed to make your own.

http://www.therpf.com/f40/uncharted-2-among-theives-73642/

DS

Thank you so much! And one last question (sorry to bother), what did you color the cover with? Also, what types of pens and/or pencils did you use for the drawings? Where did you get the pictures of Sully like that? How many times did you have to dab the pages to give it that effect? Do you think it could be possible that you forward the last 12 pages that Kredepops sent you? Where and/or how did you get the picture of the lamp (it's name escapes me)? And this is my last question (hopefully), how did you get the passports and visas and where did you get the prayer flag from? Once again, I'm sorry to be such a bother. And yet again, thank you so much for taking the time to reply! I really appreciate it!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back