Anakin Starkiller uni body v2 preparation group thread

Yes, your red marks are correct for those details. I can't speak for everyone, but some of us (me) made a mistake with the placement of their chunk, before knowing the info stated above. In other words, if I could I'd place the chunk in the same exact spot you marked.
Thank you for clearing that up, I was a bit confused to say the least!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes I asked the question a couple of pages back. Dan (AS) said he picked the Endor configuration because that's where it had most of its screen time. Your red marks are in the right place :)

Yes I asked the question a couple of pages back. Dan (AS) said he picked the Endor configuration because that's where it had most of its screen time. Your red marks are in the right place :)

i wonder if anyone could photo shop the 3 pictures, throne room chair, endor and celebration showing how different they are

Quick question: Any tips for getting the clamp on correctly? I know we talked about it before, but I can't find the conversation on the RPF -.-

Quick question: Any tips for getting the clamp on correctly? I know we talked about it before, but I can't find the conversation on the RPF -.-
You'll have to disassemble the clamp, open it up and carefully slide it over the pommel cubes and booster section. Reassemble the clamp over the grip section, then slide it down onto clamp area of the saber. Hope that helps! Also, make sure you grind off the 4 tabs on the clamp before hand.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

You'll have to disassemble the clamp, open it up and carefully slide it over the pommel cubes and booster section. Reassemble the clamp over the grip section, then slide it down onto clamp area of the saber. Hope that helps! Also, make sure you grind off the 4 tabs on the clamp before hand.

I also recommend using low tack painters tape to cover the pommel, booster, and grip ring areas when you do the operation of sliding your clamp on.

The clamp can do an absolutely amazing job of removing portions of your carefully applied black paint and, as an added bonus, can give you some nice (and inaccurate) lateral lines scraped into the saber if you don't protect these areas before-hand. :facepalm

Last edited:
I found that opening the clamp wide enough makes it possible to just slip it directly over the clamp section (which is thinner than the pommel anyway) Absolutely no risk of messing up the paint and the finish that way.

Hi all. I have just purchased an Anakin Starkiller unibody V2 and I was wanting to add some more weathering, replace the current clamp/clamp card & re-do the paintjob using a satin black paint rather than keep the current gloss paint. Any advice on what paint stripper best to use?
unibody.PNG

Nice V2 you have there, Kylo1 :) There is a laquer that makes everything that is glossy into matt or even satin ... so no need to redo all that paintwork just spray/paint over the gloss ... go to your local hobby-and modelshop and ask what to use :)

Chaïm

Nice V2 you have there, Kylo1 :) There is a laquer that makes everything that is glossy into matt or even satin ... so no need to redo all that paintwork just spray/paint over the gloss ... go to your local hobby-and modelshop and ask what to use :)

Chaïm

That's a good an idea thanks although I did want to rough the saber up a bit and give it some oven cleaner treatment before I addressed the paintwork.

I'd use some acetone and a combo of shop towels and q-tips to remove the paint, although the oven cleaner can remove it, too.

Hi all. I have just purchased an Anakin Starkiller unibody V2 and I was wanting to add some more weathering, replace the current clamp/clamp card & re-do the paintjob using a satin black paint rather than keep the current gloss paint. Any advice on what paint stripper best to use?
View attachment 730681

I do believe that was mine :cool
If you have a set of the trooper-trent stencils when you repaint it make sure you remove them as soon as possible after paint goes on.
I found that if you leave them for any length of time they stick like **** to a blanket!

Last edited by a moderator:

I do believe that was mine :cool
If you have a set of the trooper-trent stencils when you repaint it make sure you remove them as soon as possible after paint goes on.
I found that if you leave them for any length of time they stick like **** to a blanket!

Haha yes it was yours...I love it! :D I just wanted to make it more weathered using the methods that I have seen on here and I think I would get a better result by removing the paint first. Yeah I have got a set of trooper-trents stencils so thanks for the tip :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Some acetone or lacquer thinner and some paper towels should take the paint of with some gentle rubbing. You can also bring a dish sponge with the scrubbing side to help speed that process up.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the original finish to the clamp on the V2. I have a pair off Romans chrome and satin clamps and am unsure which to use. In my opinion vintage photos and stills point to a weathered chrome clamp being used but its hard to tell for sure.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back