Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Y pattern

I dont know Julien... It looks a bit too perfect... [emoji23] i'd be interested in seeing the sides. Where the wing spar and rod meet the body.

I dont know Julien... It looks a bit too perfect... [emoji23] i'd be interested in seeing the sides. Where the wing spar and rod meet the body.

Thanks guys,

Im going to take a pic but the upper half is in the work. There was no hole for the pipe on the ILM castings though.

You mean they cut a hole after casting or the tube didnt run all the way through?

Holy Guacamole, that's beautiful!

Julien, I know these patterns represent the culmination of many years of research and donor kit acquisition, and with several prior attempts started and set aside. You've set the bar on this one to a whole new level, just like you did for the TIE-Fighter.

However the pyro had resin wings, the pipe was resin too. The heros may have have aluminium pipe, that I don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy Guacamole, that's beautiful!

Julien, I know these patterns represent the culmination of many years of research and donor kit acquisition, and with several prior attempts started and set aside. You've set the bar on this one to a whole new level, just like you did for the TIE-Fighter.

Thanks Kevin !
Once again, without your help, it would have not been possible, just like the TIE, I owe you a big one !

Thanks! Im sure youre right. Damn that is just a lot of angles and corners. What an intricate model they built all those years ago. Although im sure some of those angles were supposed to be straight...

My new desktop image:

Y-1_zpsui6u5ztw.jpg~original

So sexy...

Thanks! Im sure youre right. Damn that is just a lot of angles and corners. What an intricate model they built all those years ago. Although im sure some of those angles were supposed to be straight...

The sides of the rear boxes were done like that in purpose I think !

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you don't have a big screen, the quality of the pic is not that good haha

Thise irregular boxes threw my 3D drawing all off! I remember chasing my tail for about a week on that. Hadn't thought about actually incorporating that into my drawings. Looking good! I actually thought the first pic was a 3D model at first! Lol!

I was going to say you already did a perfect job on your previous Y,how far more improve can it be?
Looking at the proportion of your new upper and lower half fuselage pattern,and yes! It's far more accurate!
Gentleman,that's how a real Y look like!
Impressive!

Don

Thise irregular boxes threw my 3D drawing all off! I remember chasing my tail for about a week on that. Hadn't thought about actually incorporating that into my drawings. Looking good! I actually thought the first pic was a 3D model at first! Lol!

You should definitely incorporate that to your drawings, that would solve a lot if problem ! It did for me anyway ;)

Some more info regarding the building process :

Ive used photogrammetry, kit parts and ref pics to make a 3D model that I have printed.
I had very good result with photogrammetry with this one, I even be able to generate a 3D model of the inside if the cockpit including all the kitparts so it will help a lot when I'll 3D model it.

Nice! I may have to brush up on photogrammetry then. Yeah, the back end, especially, is all sorts of wonky!

Joe

Outstanding work, J! Even if I cannot be fully apprised of the efforts behind this piece, I sure can appreciate the result... seems almost a shame to paint it...

Regards, Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back