New here.

number9

I'm looking for any threads on Pepakura. My son and I are redoing his room in a star wars theme and I want us to make a full size scale rep of a Storm Trooper helmet and a Darth Vader mask with helmet. I could just go and buy the props on line, but I want this to be a bonding project between the two of us.

I just need to know how to measure for a full size helmet to convert inches to mm in the software.

What card stock wt. is a good choice and please describe that valley folds and other folds are? I was told to use a pen to create a crease??????

Thanks ...

To answer your question regarding types of folds, with mountain folds the crease becomes high (think balancing two cards when making a house of cards). Valley folds are the opposite.

I actually score the lines lightly with a craft knife but a bic pen would do fine, use a ruler too. Don't forget that different folds will need to be scored on different sides

As for card, it depends entirely on what you want to do with it once the pep is finished. Mess around, buy a few types and see what's easiest for you

I'm looking for any threads on Pepakura. My son and I are redoing his room in a star wars theme and I want us to make a full size scale rep of a Storm Trooper helmet and a Darth Vader mask with helmet. I could just go and buy the props on line, but I want this to be a bonding project between the two of us.

I just need to know how to measure for a full size helmet to convert inches to mm in the software.

What card stock wt. is a good choice and please describe that valley folds and other folds are? I was told to use a pen to create a crease??????

Thanks ...

Good luck on your projects!

Depending on your country, I would use at least 110# (USA) or 240gsm cardstock(EU). 240gsm cardstock translates to 80# (pound), so heavier would be better. 110# can be purchased at Walmart in packs of 150 sheets.

For finding the files, check the links in the first post of this thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/what-pepa...s-first-post-194036/?highlight=pepakura+redux

...there are several links there that will take you to what you are looking for.

For converting from inches to mm, Pepakura doesn't offer that automatically. I just leave the calculator open, multiply any inch measurements by 25.4 to get millimeters, and multiply by .03937 to go the other way.

You can measure the size of the helmets in Pepakura by using 2d menu> Edit mode> Measure Distance Between Two Points and adjust scale accordingly.

I use an exacto razor with very light pressure to score my mountain and valley folds so they crease smoothly, but you may be better off with a pen to prevent finger loss :)

A warm welcome to you...good luck on your future builds...remember the most important thing in any build is "THE FUN FACTOR". ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back