How I Attached My Shoes To Spidey Suit

harmfulAdam

Hi!
sMKMFGI.jpg OC6vD0S.jpg

I know this isn't a new concept by any means but this was my first venture into the Spider-man world and figured I'd share how I attached shoe soles to the bottom of my Spider-man suit.

What you'll need:
  • Suit
  • Some type of footwear to attach. I chose to use aqua shoes from Wal-mart ($10)
  • Sharp scissors or exacto knife
  • Marker/chalk pen
  • Contact cement
  • Paper towel (in case of contact cement drip)
  • Saran wrap (optional)
  • Assistant (optional)

How long does it take? Give yourself about 2 hours

Step 1: Cut off any excess fabric so you've only got the rubber sole portion of whatever shoes you're using. Remove whatever insole they have in there.

bx3fzaQ.jpg3dTxqn7.jpg

Step 2: Place whatever insoles were in the shoes in side the suit; this will create a sandwich effect between any cement that leeches through the suit and stick to that instead of your foot. Get your suit on, place your foot in the shoe sole and trace/mark the outline of the sole edge.

7AUuA6j.jpg
mBHVFrl.jpg

Step 3: Brush the contact cement onto your foot (try to stay inside the lines) and onto the inside of the shoe soles. This is where a helper is handy so you don't have to become a pretzel to see the bottom of your foot. Wait the instructed time by contact cement packaging (usually at least 20-30 minutes or until it doesn't stick to a piece of paper).

icysmnx0lpsy.jpg

Step 4: As Anakin said, now you'll want to carefully put your foot into your shoe lining up your marks; might be easier front to back or vice versa depending on your shoe. I wrapped my foot with the saran wrap just to help put some pressure on it while I did the next foot.
You might have to repeat this to fill in any gaps you might have missed like I did in the video here: https://flic.kr/p/XSe25o

Step 5: Repeat steps for your other foot.

I hope this helps someone. Happy thwipin'!

21875606_10154850167657374_124594146_o.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20170901-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20170901-WA0004.jpeg
    913.9 KB · Views: 108
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back