The Y-Wing "Green Leader" Project - NOW OPEN SOURCE!

Wow, what a good build that is! Ooh, original donor parts instead of castings -- nice and crisp! Love the 8rad sidewalls, King Tiger rear deck, leading-edge of wing details, and all your cardstock/brick plating. It's really nice to see it "before it's painted" to see just what you've done versus what came pre-molded. It's gonna look Really Nice under paint.

I love the dual pilot cockpit! Probably how the originals should have been done. Y-wing screams 2 seater.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah the canopy has plenty of room for two people. Not sure if/when/why it changed.
The original concepts were 2-seater too. Clone Wars used this and made them 2-seaters.

I love the dual pilot cockpit! Probably how the originals should have been done. Y-wing screams 2 seater.

Yeah the canopy has plenty of room for two people. Not sure if/when/why it changed.
The original concepts were 2-seater too. Clone Wars used this and made them 2-seaters.

Probably because it ended up being cheaper for Lucas to employ one pilot actor as opposed to two pilot actors.

Maybe, most forget that the first film was fairly low budget. Only $11mil in 1977 (That's about $45 today). EpVIII probably has 4-5 times that :)

Maybe, most forget that the first film was fairly low budget. Only $11mil in 1977 (That's about $45 today). EpVIII probably has 4-5 times that :)
Yup! And it will probably suck 4-5 times more than ANH too.[emoji26]

In case if anyone still needs it, I have now R2D2 and R5D4 in 1/24 scale. Specifically designed for 1/24 scale, hollow inside, 5-piece design.

droids01small.jpg

droids02small.jpg

droids04small.jpg

Wait a minute merseajohn...that Red Jammer comes from the Ranch right?:behave...Dude!! What a beauty:cool:D Pro-Job all the way!!

Last edited:
The plugins rock for all over the web. Thanks for posting.

I made lots of casting for the Y-wing when I got in on this project. I have some left and am blowing them out. Go check my thread in the project runs if you are interested. There are Sealab, Kettenkrad, Hummel, Tank IV, 1/24 Airfix, and more.

This is great, thanks Dave. Photobucket really deserved that. Now they will have to hire a better developper to block the pictures again and ask for their freaking ransom. Sometimes I love the internet community! :thumbsup

In case if anyone still needs it, I have now R2D2 and R5D4 in 1/24 scale. Specifically designed for 1/24 scale, hollow inside, 5-piece design.

http://www.falcon3dparts.com/img/droids/droids01small.jpg

http://www.falcon3dparts.com/img/droids/droids02small.jpg

http://www.falcon3dparts.com/img/droids/droids04small.jpg

I just got a set of the droids today from Gus... WOW! is all I have to say.
okay, I have more to say... not only are Gus's prints impeccable (he really has his Form 2 dialed in) the 3D models are perfectly detailed for this scale. None of the details are lost. Unlike the astromech offered on Shapeways which looks to be a brilliant model, but which doesn't print well at 1/24 scale. I highly recommend that everyone order a couple from Gus! But you're going to need two, one to put in your Y and one to have out on display so you can see the fantastic detail on the body and feet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back