ANH Death Star Turret Builder's Guide

Man, sometimes it all comes together! Little things.... like trench cut outs.

16665736_10155042186193156_2716406374064546443_o.jpg

More here:
https://www.facebook.com/roboterkampf/media_set?set=a.10154651808993156.1073741952.674213155&

And now I can timelapse via GoPro5!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm4LD_19_AE

Thanks to Craig Underwood's insane eagle eye last year, this is the very first time the correct parts have come together in a Turret replica! Of course, I added a bunch of era-appropriate nonsense to the inside of the Fruehauf tire holder, which you don't see unless you look inside the hollow. Which I would do, so I did it for me.

17835007_10155218757863156_1886995518966581757_o.jpg

And this is what eight Feuehauf trailer's worth of ladders gets you - styrene bonded to styrene!

Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 7.05.51 PM.png

Actually, the suggestion to revisit the kit, since it has a piece for the Sandcrawler, came from John C. I informed Craig of it and sent him a copy of the instructrions.

Dan

Thanks to Craig Underwood's insane eagle eye last year, this is the very first time the correct parts have come together in a Turret replica! Of course, I added a bunch of era-appropriate nonsense to the inside of the Fruehauf tire holder, which you don't see unless you look inside the hollow. Which I would do, so I did it for me.

Well, that's good to know, but Craig still was the one to ID the side bracing from an unpublished photograph shared by a mutual friend. So I was simply thanking the person who IDed something for me. I am glad you have expanded the back history of how the kit came onto people's radar in general though! Teamwork!

Mike never followed through with making those as far as I know. He offered to refund me for the red box pieces, but now it looks like I need those. Can you put it into production Mike? I'd really like the obscure pieces for my turret!

Yeah I have the molds for all of this stuff. I know I kind of dropped the ball on that set a bit, it was around the time that that "big" project wrapped up and my brain was mush from it.

Scott I sent your Y wing out yesterday but I still owe you the smaller set. I can't remember where we landed on that but I can still cast it up.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back