Ironpool design

I use hotglue. You also may want to think of making the costume out of eva foam as well. Deadpool is offal mobile, and fiberglass isn't very forgiving. Other than that I could give you a few design tips for the armor if you like (one deadpool to another ;) )

-The Armorer (also The Hoosier Deadpool)

Hot glue instead of crazy glue huh? I'll give it a shot tonight. And yes I agree Deadpool is very agile so EVA would make more sense but at the same time I want it to look as legit as possible and EVA just doesn't come close to the pep/resin/fiberglass/bondo method.

This is a pretty cool design. It'd look really good with a "kick me" sign on it's back while you walk around the 'Con. ;)

Are you going to incorporate the sword scabbards and assorted pouches/grenade holders into the armor?

Yes I plan on having everything on the armor and have everything look like its part of the armor.

Example: once the thighs are done I am going to attach kydex pistol holsters to them secured from the inside of the thigh piece. So the holster would look like part of the thigh armor. No straps or fabric. Gonna be a little tricker for the katanas and grenades but I'll think of something.

Are you going for a strictly Mark III or a hybrid of other suits?

I was going to do Mark III but now I'm leaning towards Mark IV. And as Ironpool is not Ironman I did have an idea to mix and match pieces. Thought that war machine gauntlets might be cool. Just not sure if I should make it a bulky weaponized bad ass or keep it more slender to coincide with the ninja look of Deadpool.

Been thinking it over. Think I'm gonna do a Mark VII instead.

"Make up your mind!"

Yeah I know lol. I think Mark VII is a winner though.

Holy stromboli barman! I was thinking the same thing only using the iron patriot build. Would be my first build . Thinking of getting the helmet 3Dprinted though.

found this pic on deviantart a while back, might help.
tumblr_n08qxlY6dZ1qea7tao1_400.jpg
looking forward to seeing where this goes!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back