What Zune was used in GOTG2?

That's awesome.

Where are people getting these replacement cases? I'd think it would be even harder than finding a complete Zune.

I just picked up a second Zune 30 in white for conventions, not gonna risk my brown to a concrete floor. Maybe try and find a brown skin or something if I can't get the case parts. And after seeing that a pair of cheapo "skullcandy" earbuds go for $33 at Walmart nowadays, I was only too happy to pay $35 for the zune premium headphones.

EDIT: Zune stuff is finicky. Thought it was broken, forgot the check the lock switch. Tried to sync the thing and I had to unplug it, close the software, reopen the software, plug in the zune. I guess daring to just plug in the zune and expecting it to go right was too much....:rolleyes

This thing already had Father and Son on it too. I wonder what else it's got on it that will be on VOL3.

Now I'm just messing around and customizing it. I also did a comparison between the normal Zune earbuds vs the premium. The premium sound brighter and a little bit clearer to me.

Last edited:
Ok. I just ordered the accurate premium headphones. My deal with the guy on the zune fell through a bit. What sucks is I had one, but it broke.
And before you offer me loads of cash for a broken Zune, just remember I turned it in at elec. recycling bin at BB. :(

Aaaand I just caved in & got a cheap black zune for about $40. It isn't correct but close enough. I can always do what Kylash did and reshell it into a brown case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, the premiums aren't that badly priced when you consider some of the stuff out there in the $30-$40 range. Brown case parts seem to be getting harder and harder to find. I need some for my white Zune.

Yup, the premiums aren't that badly priced when you consider some of the stuff out there in the $30-$40 range. Brown case parts seem to be getting harder and harder to find. I need some for my white Zune.

Idea: what if we plasti-dipped it (or similar rubber coating) brown? It would look decent, and we could ask the GOTG sticker guy, Soulinertia, to make some custom decals for the zune logo, etc. Then, brown zunes for all!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was looking around for case-parts. I thought I ran across a listing which was just the clear part of the Zune 30 case.

If the colored part and the clear part could be separated you could paint the inner case and then slap it back into the clear part.

Can anyone with loose case parts confirm if they can be separated?

I saw the headphones ID'd as:
Microsoft Zune Premium Earbuds Headphones X13-98836-02

However, there are apparently two versions. I think you want the ones that have a 90 degree bend, but it's nigh-impossible to tell from the film that I can see.

I saw the headphones ID'd as:
Microsoft Zune Premium Earbuds Headphones X13-98836-02

However, there are apparently two versions. I think you want the ones that have a 90 degree bend, but it's nigh-impossible to tell from the film that I can see.

Do these look good?
Screenshot_20170603-094512.png

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back