Solo: A Star Wars Story

Here is a picture of an R2 builder who is 6' next to Alden at a hospital visit. He is not wearing any elevator shoes since it wasn't a "MEDIA EVENT". Looks to be in the 5'9" range. Maybe some people can move on now? Thanks!

SSbWVek.jpg

Here is a picture of an R2 builder who is 6' next to Alden at a hospital visit. He is not wearing any elevator shoes since it wasn't a "MEDIA EVENT". Looks to be in the 5'9" range. Maybe some people can move on now? Thanks!

View attachment 816903

A little tough to tell with the hat on, but the R2 builder looks 4" taller than him. Which puts Alden at 5' 8". However, there is ZERO reason to believe that he's not wearing elevator shoes, just because it's not a high-profile media event. Many short actors wear them all the time. Hell, many short regular guys who have no public image, wear them all the time.

I maintain, Alden in bare feet is 5' 6" to 5' 7". Probably 5' 6".

The Wook

I'm not sure why his height is a big deal, that's easily handled in film through angles to the point where the audience would only see it if the film makers want them to. If he can pull off the acting his height won't matter. Unfortunately from what I've seen so far his acting is "meh" in the trailers.
I figure this is the SE Han's back story, Maybe we'll get to see how his flexible neck helps him evade blaster shots! ;)

How come nobody questioned Tarkin’s height in R1? Guy Henry is at least 4” taller than Peter Cushing and it’s really obvious to anyone that knows ANH.

I'm not sure why his height is a big deal, that's easily handled in film through angles to the point where the audience would only see it if the film makers want them to. If he can pull off the acting his height won't matter. Unfortunately from what I've seen so far his acting is "meh" in the trailers.
I figure this is the SE Han's back story, Maybe we'll get to see how his flexible neck helps him evade blaster shots! ;)

This.

His height is completely irrelevant if they frame shots effectively. I don't give a damn if he has to stand on a box for some of his scenes. It matters not one whit to me. What matters is whether his performance sells the character that the film is trying to convey.

And for what it's worth, that character, I don't think, is supposed to be the Han Solo we meet in the cantina, nor the guy we get to know over the course of four movies. This movie is meant to show how he got to be that guy. What'll be important is whether Alden can make it believable that the guy he's playing became the guy Ford played. That is what will matter in the long run. Not his Harrison Ford impression (although having a good one certainly helps). Not his height. His acting ability, and specifically his ability to convey the character they're trying to convey.

It'll be a separate issue if the character they want him to play is, at a baseline, unbelievable as one that'd turn into the Han Solo we already know. That'll be more a case where blame rests with the direction and writing.

A little tough to tell with the hat on, but the R2 builder looks 4" taller than him. Which puts Alden at 5' 8". However, there is ZERO reason to believe that he's not wearing elevator shoes, just because it's not a high-profile media event. Many short actors wear them all the time. Hell, many short regular guys who have no public image, wear them all the time.

I maintain, Alden in bare feet is 5' 6" to 5' 7". Probably 5' 6".

The Wook

Sorry to disappoint but that builder said he was wearing just normal size shoes.

“I have to say, I’ve known Harrison a long time,” Howard told ET. “He can be great, he can be supportive. He’s never effusive.”

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back