Advice sought, anyone in contact with REL aka Richard Long

Rich, you don't need to thank me its your right to have a place here just do what you can and resolve as much as you can with genuine commitment and concern for the people at the other end, the more info you give out to people be it good or bad news keeps them from swaying the wrong way re your trust, trust is everything, when its gone its gone....keep your chin up and work harder than you did to get in this situation and it'll come good.

I've not been around a long time in this hobby like yourself and Steve N and a small group of real friends like he who shall not be named and Julien, Mike etc. I'm learning whats right and wrong with this hobby as I go and I can pin it down to 2 things. Its a slight de rail but relevant to your situation I feel, so worth saying.

The first thing that destroys this hobby for people is when it becomes a financial income, if your not self reliant and this (hobby) becomes your income then your either doomed or driven mad...... The ONLY exception to this rule I can see is F&M models, from my own experience and what I know I think F&M succeeded where many others failed, I don't meen failed finically I mean failed morally and Failed ego wise and failed because they are having to grab at info from all over the world and grab it without permission sometimes and other times trade it to gain so they can gain more etc etc etc. There is only ever one result to this and its endemic in this that suffer from it, its anger.... the loss of control over their own outcome creates anger and bitterness to those that are holding them back in small way.... The protection of whats their's over the reality that they most likely never created it in the first place or found it or made it from their own knowledge !!!! This is not a rant about individuals its a fact thats becoming clearer and clearer and clearer to me and its the money and the anger it breeds that are the criminals in this hobby....a hobby its not if there is profit to be gained.....

I've felt the anger recently and been so angry with people it turned my stomach and I was not even in it for profit, the anger is because I can not control my own work, I lost the ability to be as rational through anger..... now if I times that by multiple projects then it would burn me up.....

The long shot is if we deal with people that want an income from this hobby then we have to guarded and careful or care free!!!! I'm choosing to be care free now as am sticking to what I know best, genuine friendship and sharing in that circle, if that circle isn't self reliant then I'm care free if the results aren't there.....I have been burnt and I've been a bad boy myself but only with a genuine desire to protect whats mine.......

I only mentioned Steve as he has had similar problems hence a huge long sticky thread, this is not directed at anyone but just an observation about what happens when your not self reliant and want an income from it....... Hobby + Income = Bad things

So do me a favour, when you do resolve all this, just make it a hobby again and you will enjoy it once more........

Last edited:
IED, first of all that kit isn't mine to give to you, if you recall it was a commission you did for someone else and it ended up in my hands to fix, but it ain't fixable so if you want it back I suggest you contact the person that paid you for it and get off my back.

Secondly I did complain about that thread, on the thread. I don't have to stand for that crap no matter what I owe someone, would any of you? He'll no.

I'm not running from nobody, as I've said about 20 times I am chipping away at this backlog and people are coming forward to say so, which I appreciate. But there's no way I'm going to sit here and participate in this thread when certain people want to include the innocent in their beef with me.

I have my email address to get ahold of me, and I answer it, that's not running away, Al.

You asked me if i wanted it back. And i said yes and offered to pay. The guy i did it for we both know him. He hasnt paid me in over a year. So i really dont need to ask him anything. I did want it. But now i really dont care what you do with it. So keep it. Send it back to him or hold onto it.

Rich, you don't need to thank me its your right to have a place here just do what you can and resolve as much as you can with genuine commitment and concern for the people at the other end, the more info you give out to people be it good or bad news keeps them from swaying the wrong way re your trust, trust is everything, when its gone its gone....keep your chin up and work harder than you did to get in this situation and it'll come good.

I've not been around a long time in this hobby like yourself and Steve N and a small group of real friends like he who shall not be named and Julien, Mike etc. I'm learning whats right and wrong with this hobby as I go and I can pin it down to 2 things. Its a slight de rail but relevant to your situation I feel, so worth saying.

The first thing that destroys this hobby for people is when it becomes a financial income, if your not self reliant and this (hobby) becomes your income then your either doomed or driven mad...... The ONLY exception to this rule I can see is F&M models, from my own experience and what I know I think F&M succeeded where many others failed, I don't meen failed finically I mean failed morally and Failed ego wise and failed because they are having to grab at info from all over the world and grab it without permission sometimes and other times trade it to gain so they can gain more etc etc etc. There is only ever one result to this and its endemic in this that suffer from it, its anger.... the loss of control over their own outcome creates anger and bitterness to those that are holding them back in small way.... The protection of whats their's over the reality that they most likely never created it in the first place or found it or made it from their own knowledge !!!! This is not a rant about individuals its a fact thats becoming clearer and clearer and clearer to me and its the money and the anger it breeds that are the criminals in this hobby....a hobby its not if there is profit to be gained.....

I've felt the anger recently and been so angry with people it turned my stomach and I was not even in it for profit, the anger is because I can not control my own work, I lost the ability to be as rational through anger..... now if I times that by multiple projects then it would burn me up.....

The long shot is if we deal with people that want an income from this hobby then we have to guarded and careful or care free!!!! I'm choosing to be care free now as am sticking to what I know best, genuine friendship and sharing in that circle, if that circle isn't self reliant then I'm care free if the results aren't there.....I have been burnt and I've been a bad boy myself but only with a genuine desire to protect whats mine.......

I only mentioned Steve as he has had similar problems hence a huge long sticky thread, this is not directed at anyone but just an observation about what happens when your not self reliant and want an income from it....... Hobby + Income = Bad things

So do me a favour, when you do resolve all this, just make it a hobby again and you will enjoy it once more........

And then there was a quietness in the room and everyone looked around
at each other, with a baffled look. Some one in the crowed said Amen and all
of a sudden they understood and there was much celebration!

I only said Richard and Dana were married, perhaps an insult could be inferred from saying she was fronting for him. I don't look at it that way at all, she is doing what a good wife would do in this situation. Trying to help in any way she can.

I never bothered to read Richards posts from that thread. It was just more excuses to not pay me back, all of this smacks of a desperate man.
You requested the link Scott, so I posted it.

Scott, please add to my project list, TOS BOP, cad model, printed, shipped, status unknown.

I'm keeping all of this public, I've learned a hard lesson in this hobby. If you keep quiet about deals, it's much easier to get screwed over. These guys will say/type anything, since people will let them get away with it. Putting it out in public at the very least will be warning to others. To those who want to be forgiving, haven't had my experience. Your tune will change real quick when it's your money and time that are lost.

Playing nice and/or being a friend, it means they are only going to take more advantage of you. Especilly if they are desperate, they are looking for ANY way out.
In the time since I have put up my blog post about Rich, he has not made any attempts to pay me back. I'm sure if I didn't participate in this thread, he would have overlooked me. Just like anybody else who stays silent, and just hopes he gets to you.

With all of that said, again, I'm hot holding my breath that he will ever come through.

You said more than that, maybe you should go read your blog again and you never mention the stuff I did send you, and no I don't owe you a BOP you know damned well what the deal was with that, we made that to sell through a third party to recoup some costs and it sold only one. So "status unknown is a lie"

As for what else was in that thread is true, your 3d printed crap is the worst , most unusable garbage I've ever seen

**** you Max you lying piece of ****

Max: I said I couldn't find the thread. I was trying to remember if you were the gut who turned out to be mustang or not.

I added back in your list. If you'd like, you can also adjust the list or update it by copying and pasting.

Max: I said I couldn't find the thread. I was trying to remember if you were the gut who turned out to be mustang or not.

I added back in your list. If you'd like, you can also adjust the list or update it by copying and pasting.

Thanks, Mustang posted a link to my blog. I have no idea who he is. I wasn't posting on the RPF at that time. I use a web tracker. That's how I found out somebody was linking to my site. It got my attention when hit counts spiked up.

Well Richard you can call me a lair all day, I could care less. I've verified all that I wrote and so has others.
There is a rebut to the stability of the z-corp product. I printed my NOMAD in 2005, it's been in a case ever since. It hasn't shown signs of any changes, along with a lot of the parts I've since thrown away. You should be happy, that machine is no better than scrap today. As well as a total loss financially.

Status Unknown, yea I listed it that way since it was never mentioned again. Who knows if you did something with it. After my experience with you I certainly can't take your word for it.

Besides I'm not the issue, this thread is about you paying people back.

Myself and many others want to be paid back.

You said more than that, maybe you should go read your blog again and you never mention the stuff I did send you, and no I don't owe you a BOP you know damned well what the deal was with that, we made that to sell through a third party to recoup some costs and it sold only one. So "status unknown is a lie"

As for what else was in that thread is true, your 3d printed crap is the worst , most unusable garbage I've ever seen

**** you Max you lying piece of ****

Cursing at the end if even using **** how conveniently cowardly an out for getting banned
and away from the situation.

Michael, I was expecting either a locked thread or a banning.

Kudos to Richard for even showing up, I never expected that.
But walking off like he did, why bother to show up in the first place?

This kind of stuff catches up with you, after taking advantage of so many people. You have to expect hard feelings, best not to get into conversations. That never ends well.
If I was in his shoes, I would have only said two things.
"What do I owe you?"
"What do you want to settle this?"

Sadly it's never that easy. That's why the legal system is as complex as it is.

Michael, I was expecting either a locked thread or a banning.

Kudos to Richard for even showing up, I never expected that.
But walking off like he did, why bother to show up in the first place?

This kind of stuff catches up with you, after taking advantage of so many people. You have to expect hard feelings, best not to get into conversations. That never ends well.
If I was in his shoes, I would have only said two things.
"What do I owe you?"
"What do you want to settle this?"

Sadly it's never that easy. That's why the legal system is as complex as it is.

people all have limits. if he was already frustrated with himself and what was happening, it didn't help to add to his frustration obviously.

sometimes people do need encouragement even if people don't think they deserve it.

people all have limits. if he was already frustrated with himself and what was happening, it didn't help to add to his frustration obviously.

sometimes people do need encouragement even if people don't think they deserve it.

This kind of thing isn't new, there have been a number guys who did the same thing he did. Came back to make amends, and were put through the grinder. This one was very peaceful in comparison, he was the only one that flew off the handle and ran. Richard knew what he faced, he is an adult and this is a message board. Nobody made him come here(as far as I know).

with respect CM, it's not about what is fair or right.

I'm just saying let's try to keep things as positive as possible as conducive as possible.

bring be out the best in others if we can.

peace.

Sadly, I learned by experience that attitude exerts a very heavy toll. People will take full advantage of it, that's one of the reasons Richard owes me so
much.

Sadly, I learned by experience that attitude exerts a very heavy toll. People will take full advantage of it, that's one of the reasons Richard owes me so
much.

I do hear you on that. Was given the run around quite a few times before. Think its a balance between being firm and driving people to hopelessness.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back