Justice League

One thing from the trailer I'm surprised nobody caught (or at least that nobody brought up) is that Flash shot where he's running up the stairs and looks like he smashes his foot against a stair.

I actually just noticed that, I'm assuming it'll probably happen right at a pivotal moment lol

Lol, at not getting political. Non the less complete BS, but whatever helps you get by, I guess.

I'll exit the thread with this, I'm not going to watch this due to Buttman, just like I refrain from giving money to the other known predators in Hollywood, aka Pollanski and that known pedorass who made Jeepers Creepers.

Lol, at not getting political. Non the less complete BS, but whatever helps you get by, I guess.

I'll exit the thread with this, I'm not going to watch this due to Buttman, just like I refrain from giving money to the other known predators in Hollywood, aka Pollanski and that known pedorass who made Jeepers Creepers.
Boycotting a movie due to one actor you don't like (justifiably or not) doesn't take into account the hundreds, probably even thousands of others who worked on that movie who rely on the profits it makes, isn't doing anything for the cause for which you are fighting or indeed those persons who's livelihood depends on the audience. I applaud you for wanting to stand up for the objectified, but boycotting this movie will do nothing for them. Even so, I can respect that you don't want to see this movie for those reasons, but the millions of people who are going to see this movie despite BA don't deserve to be villified for doing so.

Boycotting a movie due to one actor you don't like (justifiably or not) doesn't take into account the hundreds, probably even thousands of others who worked on that movie who rely on the profits it makes, isn't doing anything for the cause for which you are fighting or indeed those persons who's livelihood depends on the audience. I applaud you for wanting to stand up for the objectified, but boycotting this movie will do nothing for them. Even so, I can respect that you don't want to see this movie for those reasons, but the millions of people who are going to see this movie despite BA don't deserve to be villified for doing so.

Thank you for the well thought out response. I can respect and understand your opinion, and agree for this film. However, in the case of Salva or Pollanski films that's a wholly different story, since what they did has been long established, and any actors going forward or choosing to ignore what they did just as mindlessly applauding Pollanski when he was given an Oscar is simply beyond distasteful.

It will be interesting to see what ButtMan and the Amazon guy do going forward.

Thank you for the well thought out response. I can respect and understand your opinion, and agree for this film. However, in the case of Salva or Pollanski films that's a wholly different story, since what they did has been long established, and any actors going forward or choosing to ignore what they did just as mindlessly applauding Pollanski when he was given an Oscar is simply beyond distasteful.

It will be interesting to see what ButtMan and the Amazon guy do going forward.
You're welcome. I'm not familiar with this Salva, but I've never seen a Polanski movie in my life (at least not one he's directed, I understand he's also acted in a few).

Last edited:
What's awesome is that everyone commenting in this thread will go see this movie, even if they think it will suck! I don't pay much attention to who directs or writes films so I don't go in with a bias based on behind the scenes stuff. Having just seen the trailer it looks pretty similar to Avengers ( I could only sit through that once) but I'll be in the theater for it, if only to see Gal as Wonder Woman again.
Ironic side note, Marvel comics I own out number DC comics more than 10 to 1. My movie shelf only has X-Men representing Marvel but I have 5 Superman movies, a Batman film and Suicide Squad ( that one wasn't my choice!) ;)

I won't. I don't go to theaters. If I see it at all, it will be on Bluray. And I have all of the Marvel movies and most of the DC movies (except Suicide Squad which I will never buy) and frankly, I've been disappointed with every single modern DC movie, but only with a handful of Marvel ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares? It is not my personal job to supply these people an income. Batfleck won't stop me from seeing the movie, if I see it at all, but the dark, dank and obnoxious tone that runs through all DC movies might.

You'd have been better off just saying she had some points and leave at that.

They've given us a couple trailers and a prior movie and MoS as well - so there's plenty of room there to formulate opinions.

I'll go so far as to say that this could wind up being good, who knows. But, if they cranked out another 250 for it and over advertise like last time - it's gonna suffer out of sheer stupidity.

People have wanted to see this for years, there's no question. Should they be told to just take whatever they're give an be happy with it? Hell no.

Apparently these characters are extremely important to you, and that's fine. But you seem to come across as the uber-defender of DC and in your view it's as if they can do no wrong. Again, that's fine, but there's no need to do it over and over.

It's very possible for a group of people to work on something and it comes out like !@#$. And in which case, the criticism is well deserved. Trying doesn't absolve you from criticism.

Maybe saying this definitely will suck now, without you or anyone seeing it is wrong. But as noted before, they've shown enough of their past work and this work for people to decide if it's worth seeing in a theater or not. And no one can be faulted for their decision.

I'm doing alright, to be fair, so not sure how I'd have been better off. Appreciate your concern, though. Apologies on the slow response to this.

Don't think I implied at any point that we should simply accept what we are given. But at the crux of it - the film will be the film. You haven't assisted on it's production, I assume - so it's a fixed quantity. The only thing that is within our control, is how we process and react to it. I'd much rather take what I enjoy out of it, than fixate on what I dislike. Personal preference.

Don't see how I'm doing it over and over - I don't post here terribly often lately. But thanks for the compliment ;) - however, have you seen me attack other properties? Probably not, I don't particularly enjoy airing negative opinions about others work. I certainly feel them - but I ensure that what I'm judging is justified and fair. Sometimes I'll share that, sometimes not. If you see me as an "uber defender" then...ok? I guess. I'm not going to launch into a predictable tirade of what I don't like about the DCEU to prove some form of objectivist standpoint - suffice it to say I have plenty of opinion, and it isnt all positive. The main difference is that I don't believe it's a good use of my time tearing something down. And when I give negative consideration to things (all films) usually, there is a solid apologist take on something that counters my viewpoint - sometimes it just takes a bit of thinking. A bit of analysis. A viewing from a different perspective. Entirely what I love about cinema.

Much more enjoyable than wishing something was the way I want it and then sulking when it isn't, I think. (General response, not aimed at you).

I don't believe I insinuated at any point that anyone should love this or any art by default. However, I do disagree with you. Trying does not absolve you from criticism, I'll give you that. But do you honestly think "X film is trash" or a similar sentiment is legitimate criticism? Absolutely not. It doesn't even come close to the definition in the context sense. Trying should at least garner the respect of a thoughtful response. Something that is severely lacking, lately.

Who cares? It is not my personal job to supply these people an income. Batfleck won't stop me from seeing the movie, if I see it at all, but the dark, dank and obnoxious tone that runs through all DC movies might.

First of all, wasn't even talking to you, so not sure why you took that so personally. Secondly, you don't have to see the movie if it doesn't interest you, I'm not suggesting everyone has a duty to see every new movie just to keep people employed. My comment was directed at people who want to see this movie but are put off by BAs past misdeeds, which is understandable I suppose, but BA is just one aspect of the whole (and has already been payed btw, so it's not like you're putting extra money into his pocket aside from maybe some back end, but who knows of that's in his contract or not). In the end, all I'm saying is if you want to see the movie, go see it.

Hey, Guys, I have a question related to Justice League upcoming movie. If we see the final trailer of Justice League We see Clark Kent in it. So my question it that will Clarke Kent appear in the movie as a Superman or a normal character...

Hey, Guys, I have a question related to Justice League upcoming movie. If we see the final trailer of Justice League We see Clark Kent in it. So my question it that will Clarke Kent appear in the movie as a Superman or a normal character...

Well nobody can confirm that it will happen 100%... but I'm positive that Superman will join the JL by the third act of the movie. I mean... come on.

IMG_0350.JPG

Looks like we have our first poster with Superman in it!

Really? Art is subjective i guess :) It doesn't do much for me.

WW looks more like Linda Carter than Gal...and I never knew Aquaman's 'symbol' looks like a ship from an 80's arcade game. You think it'd be a trident or something.

Really? Art is subjective i guess :) It doesn't do much for me.

The use of negative space to suggest an image of Superman - that's cool and creative. Plus, it's illustrated.
Compared to the slew of Photoshop collages we've gotten over the last decade...

avengers-movie-poster-1.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back