eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. I tried a claim through Barclaycard but because efx didn't (or don't) show the expected year of release on their original preorder Barclaycard couldn't do anything. The claim dragged on for six months until efx stopped ignoring Barclaclaycard and said the buyer couldn't have a refund because of a change of heart?
BC offered me half the amount as a good will gesture just to close the case and advised me never to deal with that company again.

After around nine months I managed to get a full refund through a different route.
Must be your personal banks policy. I've had to put claims in before with Chase and the subject of a preorder date has never come up.

Awful company with no morals who are more than happy to feed their customers any old BS in order to get your cash.
Companies or sellers do this because they know there isn't any repercussions from it. They figure who's going to spend the money to take them to court? In short, no one is that's why it keeps happening and you see these types of threads over and over again.

Anyone else see the photos of the studio scale slave 1 that they announced as well. Man that thing was huge and gorgeous.
Well, at least they scaled back from an imaginary studio scale Devastator that will never be a real thing ever, to a much more manageable imaginary studio scale Slave One....that will never be a real thing ever. Do they get credit for making their imaginary products more realistic in scope? And did anyone ever receive their diecast and plastic little Falcon with non-refundable deposit, that was totally a real thing that they had in-hand and ready to go, and shipped out Q1 2017?

I was excited when I heard eFX was supposed to release an ANH hero suit, cast from an original hero suit. But I guess that will never happen just like everything else they were supposed to release. If only we could get in contact with the owner of the hero suit they cast from, Im sure if you offered the gentlemen who owns it a good amount of money he might just let you cast it...

I was excited when I heard eFX was supposed to release an ANH hero suit, cast from an original hero suit. But I guess that will never happen just like everything else they were supposed to release. If only we could get in contact with the owner of the hero suit they cast from, Im sure if you offered the gentlemen who owns it a good amount of money he might just let you cast it...

Get the RS Prop Masters armor, it is the next best thing.

Get the RS Prop Masters armor, it is the next best thing.

It is THE BEST thing, cause they're really making it & you'll actually get it.
Plus, didn't eFX say they were gonna go from putting out the armor to making a statue with the armor on it? Meaning theirs won't be wearable?
It's all a moot point anyway, cause eFX will never reproduce & sell theirs.

I am still awaiting for them to official announce a pre-order for the 40th Anniversary X- Wing Luke helmet. Supposedly will be super duper accurate. The 40th Anniversary ending soon. Or we might see it drop during the 75th Anniversary. My unborn grandson will live to see it.

So apparently some people over on the rebelscum forum have recieved emails from third party vendors saying that the scout have been delayed again. This time to Q1 2018. But the vendor also says that Efx have choosen to raise the price by about 200 dollars. Have any one in here heard anything about this ?. You can't put a price on a preorder product. Spend years and years delaying it and then pump up the price because you are running low or want more.

So apparently some people over on the rebelscum forum have recieved emails from third party vendors saying that the scout have been delayed again. This time to Q1 2018. But the vendor also says that Efx have choosen to raise the price by about 200 dollars. Have any one in here heard anything about this ?. You can't put a price on a preorder product. Spend years and years delaying it and then pump up the price because you are running low or want more.

I've never seen a case where a company raises the price of an item before it's even to market. Even more shocking are the people on Rebelscum who are seriously considering giving EFX more money when they haven't delivered anything in years.
For those that used a credit card this price increase will most likely be your way out.

I've never seen a case where a company raises the price of an item before it's even to market. Even more shocking are the people on Rebelscum who are seriously considering giving EFX more money when they haven't delivered anything in years.
For those that used a credit card this price increase will most likely be your way out.

While I don't think a large majority of the folks there have positive views of EFX, there's definitely an obvious bias/protection of EFX by membership.

Another way of looking at it is that they're making their customers with the scout preorders pay for the "FREE" PCR Vader Helmets that they have and have not shipped.

Or

They want to buy more Props for their personal collection :rolleyes

Last edited:
This is what some of the guys on rebelscum got from their vendor.

"Finally after a long long time wait this piece will be ready in Hong Kong any moment now. And we are hoping to receive the stock in Q1 2018.

Unfortunately due to the long time it takes for this helmet to be released, our supplier has increased the wholesale price quite a lot (it's due to EFX rises the price) which leaves we only have to increase the price as well. The new price for the helmet is £630.00 and we decide to apply 5% discount for all existing orders to make the new price at £598.50.

Could you please let me know by Wednesday 4pm, the 8th Nov 2017, if you accept the new updated price or want to cancel your order and refund of your deposit."

As some of them have pointed out it kinda seems like the "free" vader helmet wasn't so free after all.

OMG, its like getting kicked in the sack just after getting up from the the first. Poor business practice/ethics, really adds to the sour flavour this company has left to many paying customers.

Someone should check the fine print of their order to see if they left a clause in to raise the price. Didn't people already pay in full as well?

Sorry, but if you sell something to someone 3+ years ago, and due to issues beyond your control the price winds up more than you thought, well, it's on you. You botched the process, repeatedly, not the customer. You should eat the increase as it's not the customer's fault.

Here's what I think happened..

They over produced the PCR Vader helmet in hopes of high volume sales to offset the production cost of the scout and begin production on their other pre-orders.

When they weren't selling (as you can tell there are plenty available in third party stores) then thought, "hmmm...in order to move the overstock on PCRs, lets Chrome them and make them exclusives to make them even more desirable with a higher cost."

Now even the extremely limited 500ea Chrome CCI exclusives are STILL available on their website.

For what its worth, this is telling me they are out of money.

Purchase from them at your own risk

Here's what I think happened..

They over produced the PCR Vader helmet in hopes of high volume sales to offset the production cost of the scout and begin production on their other pre-orders.

When they weren't selling (as you can tell there are plenty available in third party stores) then thought, "hmmm...in order to move the overstock on PCRs, lets Chrome them and make them exclusives to make them even more desirable with a higher cost."

Now even the extremely limited 500ea Chrome CCI exclusives are STILL available on their website.

For what its worth, this is telling me they are out of money.

Purchase from them at your own risk

The 250 Captain America shields they produced from Winter Soldier are still available as well. The first run sold out really fast. Looks like these will linger on the market for awhile.

*****. Just when I didn't think it could get any worse. I feel so so sorry for anybody who has given this company their hard earned money. What a shame.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back