Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

That looks pretty cool. What is it made of? Hard to tell what's going on there, but it looks awesome.
I'm going to say the part is clear cast then painted. He has added a small light inside and the comes out of the clear parts.

Speaking of clear parts...

The last of my molds.
e2867b6e9ac171f59a45a28b95125c4c.jpg
7333577ed99a4a6dbc573fd95b7191eb.jpg
f2c8b4911a477e50fd9815cdf6b82a74.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, Is there any updated method to separate the MidSoles and gremove the EL panels ?
I mean something less destructive than the knife cutting along the edges ?

Thanks ;)

Really? It's China....their whole country is made of crap.
Man you could get a direct access to the White House with that kind of speech :D !

Hi everyone, Is there any updated method to separate the MidSoles and gremove the EL panels ?
I mean something less destructive than the knife cutting along the edges ?

Thanks ;)

Man you could get a direct access to the White House with that kind of speech :D !

I think a bit of heat is still the easiest way to get the soles off. Cutting them off is too rough. When I added my 3M fake EL, the first attempt was done with a blade and it was nasty. I could not get the scalpel to follow the inside of the clear part. It kept wanting to dig into the grey mid-sole. I glued it back together and the next day, found the heat gun (the one I use is for paper craft made for embossing powders) and is the right temperature to melt the glue and not the rubber. The soles just peeled off within 10 minutes.

I believe the word Trump used was "sh*thole".

Last edited:
I agree with @cavx. I've replaced the soles on my V3's and removed them with heat - putting a box fan heater near the sole for a while, then pulling a bit at the edges of the clear rubber, slowly peeling it away. I removed the soles without ripping any of the grey foam this way.
A heat gun bought from a hardware store (often to remove paint) could get quite a bit too hot, I thought, and besides, I didn't have one anyway. :) So just remember to be careful if you do have a heat gun.
Box fan heater example -
heat.jpg

They look good. Are you happy with the work?
Will they be wearable?

First full set of my new clear soles.
I am also making myself a pair with white backing and glow. I have already made the small inner wings and front oval with white. Just need to make the base parts.
a56539f6b18264eb8960d4fafc5920ea.jpg
377aef1845463b471e427240b51f099f.jpg
282f8e1131dffa910034d3e3825a4760.jpg

They look good. Are you happy with the work?
Will they be wearable?

First full set of my new clear soles.
I am also making myself a pair with white backing and glow. I have already made the small inner wings and front oval with white. Just need to make the base parts. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180128/a56539f6b18264eb8960d4fafc5920ea.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180128/377aef1845463b471e427240b51f099f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180128/282f8e1131dffa910034d3e3825a4760.jpg

Definitely happy with the work. Wearable surely will be. I wore these once before the upgrades. My electronics never failed I had mine since the V3 first was released. But Im more so like to look at the shoe then wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely happy with the work. Wearable surely will be. I wore these once before the upgrades. My electronics never failed I had mine since the V3 first was released. But Im more so like to look at the shoe then wear it.

So with the upgrades, does he upgrade the wiring?

In the case of my shoes, the wires wore through to the copper and shorted one shoe and a wire broke in the other. I honestly think the only stuff that will handle this kind movement (from walking) is the stick on copper tape. Once stuck down, it can't move.

I'm going back to Glow In The Dark for my wear pair.

In the case of my shoes, the wires wore through to the copper and shorted one shoe and a wire broke in the other. I honestly think the only stuff that will handle this kind movement (from walking) is the stick on copper tape. Once stuck down, it can't move.

You still exploring the red, yellow and green glow pieces too?

Yes the wiring is upgraded.

Not that long ago, we all learned that some of the inverters we were using to power EL ran at a higher frequencies, hence created a blue push turning the proper cyan into a blue. I am curious, did anyone power green EL sheet with these inverters to make cyan?

My shoes arrived today! I have to say I'm impressed with the shipping time. It only took 3 days from when it was shipped out to get to me. The shoes on the other hand have a few issues.

The right shoe is fully functional. All lights work and the shoe is clean for the most part. The only issues are two black dots on the sole EL panel and some glue stains on the shoe. You can't really see both of these unless you are really looking for them.

The left shoe the sole EL panel is not working and the worst problem, the swoosh is scuffed up. The marks on the swoosh seem to be the first layer of the "leather" has been scratched off. I've contacted David about it because in the QC pictures the swoosh was fine. I actually rejected a whole pair before picking these from the pics.

Other then that I'm happy with them. They fit great and I should be able to fix the broken EL.

Just a quick question, when charging these do they have a over charge protector. Or do I only charge them for a limited amount of time? If so what is the time limit.

Thanks!
cd620c07554ad2c933372f1d46819901.jpg
0755f53da1752fe8d8d84265b141b0c9.jpg
ae9e26f20c470a87b5c18740749c364c.jpg
aed48d3e053c5c777a30af6200c04f0c.jpg
97fb786a75aacd79fb49c5291a81bb76.jpg
128354b850b8f95f34b8d73484f145e3.jpg
b3426fb0061c712c1125500ab8ec06cc.jpg
ffaaad54aea755bf47ac1c7892cda7da.jpg
6a3044987bd39681718463af7da1a417.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The only issues are two black dots on the sole EL panel and some glue stains on the shoe. You can't really see both of these unless you are really looking for them.

I've seen black dots like that caused by the soles just being right against the EL panels, if you pull the clear off the sole a little they go away...as long as its not the EL separating. Yours just looks like the sole is pressing on the panel.

Clear sole update.

This is just sitting on the yellow sole for the purpose of showing how it might look.
Both of these parts are clear over white. The front oval is water clear on white and the back part is the new blue pigment (I have bought) on white.

I will be making these as plain blue clear if wanted. The benefit of the white is that it hides any glue marks and the clear on white will give a more screen accurate look for those chasing that.

I have some of the light grey pigment mixed as well so might see how blue tint on grey looks. Might be closer to 2011 that just gluing blue tinted clears on.

3d48e284a7f2bc1c7f651b6634f5bc35.jpg

Yes heat up the glue

Thanks, I was going to use my heat gun on the low setting.

One other question, when charging do you have to keep the lights on or have them off. When they are off nothing lights up when charging?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back