Bash's Tomenosuke 2049 build thread

Thanks for clearing that up mate, to be fair mine stay in there pretty well due to the length of the LED tails, so I may just leave them as is for now.

That information is actually incorrect. The original was wired, but for reasons unknown they were never lit up in the movie. Here is the blaster being fixed before the PIH auction, where you can see the wires coming through the sight-rod.

blasterrestoration_03.jpg

Yup, the "jewelers screwdriver" is in fact hollow, and wired. There is also a rumor going way back that the grips were meant to be wired with light too, and that is why there is a hole drilled through both backstraps leaving an opening into the hollow section of the amber grips.My understanding is that they had problems keeps the LED's lit because of the rain and the general dampness on set.

Attachments

• 3640277925_bf806076b3_o.jpg
    3640277925_bf806076b3_o.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 3639900389_e6c4298598_o.jpg
    3639900389_e6c4298598_o.jpg
    652.6 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Yup, the "jewelers screwdriver" is in fact hollow, and wired. There is also a rumor going way back that the grips were meant to be wired with light too, and that is why there is a hole drilled through both backstraps leaving an opening into the hollow section of the amber grips.

My understanding is that they had problems keeps the LED's lit because of the rain and the general dampness on set.

Whats the history on the grips themselves? I know obviously they basically mated a Steyr Rifle receiver to the top of a CAW .44 bulldog but thats where my knowledge runs out; were they bespoke or pinched off something??

Bash, apologies! We're not trying to hijack. I swear. :)

I don't know that the history of the grips was ever detailed. If memory serves it was assumed that whoever made the gun, made the grips totally from scratch. I think at one point there was some thinking some old school Bianchi Lightning style grips were the starting point, but they're very different, so I never bought that.

Bash, apologies! We're not trying to hijack. I swear. :)

I don't know that the history of the grips was ever detailed. If memory serves it was assumed that whoever made the gun, made the grips totally from scratch. I think at one point there was some thinking some old school Bianchi Lightning style grips were the starting point, but they're very different, so I never bought that.

Haha! It's cool man!

They are such a cool colour and design and seem pretty unique which I find surprising. They really make the prop in my opinion.

That information is actually incorrect. The original was wired, but for reasons unknown they were never lit up in the movie. Here is the blaster being fixed before the PIH auction, where you can see the wires coming through the sight-rod.

View attachment 746311

Dammit, I hate spreading misinformation, thanks for the correction. I guess I need more propsummit time.

Yup, the "jewelers screwdriver" is in fact hollow, and wired. There is also a rumor going way back that the grips were meant to be wired with light too, and that is why there is a hole drilled through both backstraps leaving an opening into the hollow section of the amber grips.My understanding is that they had problems keeps the LED's lit because of the rain and the general dampness on set.

As a quick aside the Spinner badge was also cast in the same amber coloured resin as the grips and it appears it was intended to be illuminated as well. Ultimately it was decided to paint it over silver so the lighting idea was scrapped much like the green LED's.

Keep up the great posts Bash. Always fabulous to see this thread pop up on my feed.

Regards,
MARK

Last edited by a moderator:
As a quick aside the Spinner badge was also cast in the same amber coloured resin as the grips and it appears it was intended to be illuminated as well. Ultimately it was decided to paint it over silver so the lighting idea was scrapped much like the green LED's.

Keep up the great posts @Bash. Always fabulous to see this thread pop up on my feed.

Regards,
MARK

Haha so cool. I love learning these little pieces of trivia!

Thanks dude, i've found a lot of your posts elsewhere on the forum super helpful as well so thanks for that. I've got a fairly cool piece to add to the collection on it's way from the states; will create a post on it in due course. I shall also update this as and when I get the barrel from Teddz etc.

On a side note, I seem to remember you created an awesome cigar style box for your blaster but I can't find the link?

Edit: Scratch that last; found it.

Ok little update.

I finally got around to fitting a steel barrel from Teddz, and as that needed blueing I decided to re-blue the receiver as well. The end result i'm really happy with to be honest, the barrel adds noticeable weight and looks more realistic, and I did a better job of re-bluing the receiver.

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

Also recently acquired one of Sarednab's JW bottles. The quality is amazing! Turns out it takes more than a full bottle of 2018 JW to fill though so I need to buy another :D

IMG_1172.jpg

Fantastic! I am jealous of the Tomenosuke owners out there. Yours is exceptional. Good work.

Thanks for the kind words mate. Obviously I wanted to do the best job I could. Originally I ws looking for a completed one and settled for a kit but i'm actually happier now i;ve done it.

You get a better understanding of the thing once you've built it.

very nice work Bash :thumbsup very nice display too. makes me want to get the glasses now...

Great looks like postimg's 'permanent' image hosting isn't quite so permanent. I'll try and dig the pics out and upload them again

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome display! Where did you get the Johnnie Walker bottle?

It's Sarednabs bottle mate.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back