Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

I don't know if this matters to anyone else, but I have made some observations about the box
comp1.png
Unt1itled.png
If the entire section circled in green can be rotated and moved to the middle connecting part (Circled in blue), then the box is actual EXTREMELY more accurate then we originally thought. It appears that the part circled in blue on the V4 box is missing the raised white edges on the part of the real box circled in blue

Update
Judging by these pictures
Untitled2.png
The acrylic / plastic part is removable and can be rotated. However, there's raised white edges to hold it in place

Last edited:
So what prices are we expected to pay for these shoes? Initially, it was supposed to be $1500. I have seen prices as low as $1000 being discussed and just now, I got an email from a seller stating $1200.

I was able to complete gluing down the new sole today (only the left shoe) after doing parts of it in small steps after work in the afternoons this week.
I used Tarzan's Grip as the main bonding agent with some dots of super glue to hold the area I was gluing in place while the Tarzan's Grip dried.
I'd glue one area (beginning with the outer side and working my way under and across to the inner side) in 'patches' - didn't want to miss any area and have any of the sole come off. However, this process worked perfectly with the V2 replacement soles I got from Cavx ages ago, (never loosened) so that's why I did it this way. It does produce a slight mottled pattern as you see in one of the photos, but strangely this only shows up in some light and not others.
A reasonable result, I think. I did go a bit overboard with extra Tarzan's Grip around the edging of the panels, as I really don't want any dirt getting in behind and spoiling it. (circled area at heel on one photo) - only someone looking at the shoe in-hand would notice the glue extending slightly outside the rubber, where it wouldn't from the factory.
My advice to anyone wanting to do this is to be very patient and not try to do it all in one go.
As you can see in the last photo, I added an extra layer of clear plastic under the inner area of the heel, to see if it feels as though it lessens the 'lean' that MAGs have. It's not particularly noticeable either, as I was able to line it up with the grid pattern.
Maybe next week I'll be able to do the other one. As with all projects of this type, I'm guilty of wanting it 'to just be done already!' but patiently doing a bit at a time has given me a result I'm reasonably happy with.

IMG_20171029_212118.jpg
IMG_20171029_212021-line.jpg
IMG_20171029_212138-line.jpg

So you didn't use the tack method with the Tarzan's Grip? The result has come out good, but using the tack method seems to reduce the mottle effect. Not that it matters under the shoe anyway. That plus super glue won't let go any time soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBsHU1AAWs
Only video so far that's given a clear, 100% undeniable view that only 1 button is being pressed at 1:55

But the VERY next video that the same channel posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q45UOhmFvns , from 1:14 to 1:22, when she presses the buttons, the laces go 'tight, loose, loose, tight', instead of what we'd expect of 'tight, loose, tight, loose'. It's the same pair in both videos, and to make it even more interesting, the shoe in the first video at 1:55 and the one in the second video from 1:14 to 1:22 is the right shoe. So, we have one video of a right shoe which tightens and loosens with the same button, and another video with the SAME right shoe that is loosened twice with 2 button pushes. Wonder what to make of this....

Last edited:
Well, as much as I was looking at my sole swap with the critical eye of 'it's not as good as a factory job' - these new pics I took this morning comparing it to the one I haven't swapped show the clear sole looks much better than the yellowing original...... especially underneath! (I did dye the side of this pair a couple months ago, but only lightly)
And that pic shows you see what I mean about the 'mottling' effect not always visible. Hope I can do the right one after work this week....
IMG_20171030_064805.jpg
IMG_20171030_064028.jpg

$1000 using WU

I am now tempted :)
Still ouch though.

$1000USD = $1303.05AUD

If I get these, it will be US7 for display ONLY.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBsHU1AAWs
Only video so far that's given a clear, 100% undeniable view that only 1 button is being pressed at 1:55

But the VERY next video that the same channel posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q45UOhmFvns , from 1:14 to 1:22, when she presses the buttons, the laces go 'tight, loose, loose, tight', instead of what we'd expect of 'tight, loose, tight, loose'. It's the same pair in both videos, and to make it even more interesting, the shoe in the first video at 1:55 and the one in the second video from 1:14 to 1:22 is the right shoe. So, we have one video of a right shoe which tightens and loosens with the same button, and another video with the SAME right shoe that is loosened twice with 2 button pushes. Wonder what to make of this....

I guess we won't really know until we get a pair.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, as much as I was looking at my sole swap with the critical eye of 'it's not as good as a factory job' - these new pics I took this morning comparing it to the one I haven't swapped show the clear sole looks much better than the yellowing original...... especially underneath! (I did dye the side of this pair a couple months ago, but only lightly)
And that pic shows you see what I mean about the 'mottling' effect not always visible. Hope I can do the right one after work this week....
View attachment 769753
View attachment 769754

That left shoe looks so much better than the right.

Last edited:
Man I would love to do this! My only fear is getting the old soles off without damage. I tried it with the V2s, got them off but it wasn't pretty.

View attachment 769753
View attachment 769754

Man I would love to do this! My only fear is getting the old soles off without damage. I tried it with the V2s, got them off but it wasn't pretty.
Heat is your friend. I did a whole video showing how I used a small heat gun and wooden stick to get the V2 soles off.

I used the same heat gun and a butter knife and the V3 soles popped right off.

Anyway here is how my display pair is looking now.
1df8925695639a736fd5991cbe5f2c90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Are these the GITD you produce? How bright are they? I don't think I have seen a set in the dark, I may be mistaken.

Heat is your friend. I did a whole video showing how I used a small heat gun and wooden stick to get the V2 soles off.

I used the same heat gun and a butter knife and the V3 soles popped right off.

Anyway here is how my display pair is looking now. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171030/1df8925695639a736fd5991cbe5f2c90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

What are people's experiences ordering the V3s to the Uk, do they get seized by customs? Wanna get em but have concerns about them actually getting here

Are these the GITD you produce? How bright are they? I don't think I have seen a set in the dark, I may be mistaken.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBSMSV8FQSx/?hl=en&taken-by=cavx01

Once fully charged, they are as bright as EL. The problem is, that they loose brightness quickly. They glow (dimly) for at least 6 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

What are people's experiences ordering the V3s to the Uk, do they get seized by customs? Wanna get em but have concerns about them actually getting here

The risk is the same no matter where you live. Most pairs go through, but every now and then, customs snag a pair.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back