Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Hi guys, I would be stoked if anyone could take a sprues shot of the starboard underside mandible pit, the pit nearest the hull. It's termed the Kettenkrad pit due to the central part being from the 1/9th Esci Kettenkrad. I'm keen to see the inner well walls & in particular what the donor part is in between the Sealab & Bandai Tiger 1 plates.
Many thanks in advance chaps.

Stu

Hi guys, I would be stoked if anyone could take a sprues shot of the starboard underside mandible pit, the pit nearest the hull. It's termed the Kettenkrad pit due to the central part being from the 1/9th Esci Kettenkrad. I'm keen to see the inner well walls & in particular what the donor part is in between the Sealab & Bandai Tiger 1 plates.

Stu

Here's the only shot I've seen so far.

Attachments

• DIkINmEUIAAgEJ3.jpg
    DIkINmEUIAAgEJ3.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 256

Stu

I've assembled and primed it, but is this the part?

P2030426rs.jpg

Is there a central reference describing where all the known greblies/parts come from?

I clearly have a lot of 101 studying to do to get prepared for the regular coursework...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I never realized the Saturn V part in that pit before, it's nice to see it without the other parts in place.

Attachments

• img_3.jpg
    img_3.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 265

Unfortunately in Denmark the value limit is really low to avoid customs. So I'm waiting curiously, how much the bill is gonna be.
And then I'm still not home until late October.

If you find a good place to buy from please let me know as I'm interested in getting this kit as well.

So, the Bandai kit has become the master, uh, a wonderful reference source for 5-footer builders... wow. talk about a circular process! [Various Donor Plastic Model Kits->Studio Model-> Bandai Plastic Model Kit]

Those figures are extremely well done especially since they are 1/72 scale! Sigh...
Regards, Robert

If you find a good place to buy from please let me know as I'm interested in getting this kit as well.

Your best bet would be from US Amazon. I payed a higher price at a japanese retailer back then when it was announced. You might even get away with cheaper delivery.
I bought mine at anime-export.com. Mine getting payed at the customs this week, I'll let you know how much it cost.

So, the Bandai kit has become the master, uh, a wonderful reference source for 5-footer builders... wow. talk about a circular process! [Various Donor Plastic Model Kits->Studio Model-> Bandai Plastic Model Kit]

Those figures are extremely well done especially since they are 1/72 scale! Sigh...
Regards, Robert

Robert...in a way yes, the Bandai Falcon is a blueprint for 5 footer builders!. The few areas I have asked to see from the kit & pics supplied by some very helpful members, have provided the last remaining details of which I have wanted to see for a long time. The pics of these Bandai parts are clear as to the identity of the donors, so as you can imagine...I'm a very happy 5 footer builder.
Bandai clearly had access to archive material never seen before, 3D scanned the miniature & measured from top to toe!. Even with all the ref I have available, those few areas were not clearly seen, always in shadow & with the case of the unaltered big underside hull pits, just a top view or very grainy in shadow old pics. It's just awesome to finally ID all the unseen donors.

Stu

Very cool. Could we get pics of the bottom of each mandible?

That was the bottom side of the starboard mandible. This one is of the portside mandible, of which I have just completed the piping.

P2030445rs.jpg

The engineers behind this kit were quite adventurous to have come up with parts like this.

P2030442rs.jpg

They required delicate handling, more than it seemed.

In case anyone's still trying to purchase this , ' sakurajapanstore ' on eBay has them in stock for $578 US . They provide free international shipping .
I'm not affiliated with them , but have them ' bookmarked ' for other Bandai kits . Sorry can't ' link ' their info ( don't know how ) .

Cheers Ged

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back