ST Tricorder Colour/Paint hunt (UK)

monters

I've got a Mk VII Medical and Mk IX Science Tricorder coming from Stapleton Productions. However, during my research I can't find the paint I need here in the UK.

I've tried looking for the following:

1. Krylon Dove Grey
  2. Plasti-Kote 7173
  3. Dupli-Color BGM0478

Any ideas?

I've got a Mk VII Medical and Mk IX Science Tricorder coming from Stapleton Productions. However, during my research I can't find the paint I need here in the UK.

I've tried looking for the following:

1. Krylon Dove Grey
  2. Plasti-Kote 7173
  3. Dupli-Color BGM0478

Any ideas?

I'm in the process of building my mark IX tricorder (waiting on the electronics from Gerry). I had the same problem as you, but a very helpful member sent me a sample of the original GM7173.

While I wasn't able to get an exact match (although I didn't try too many paints) I did find that if you use Vauxhall Smoke Grey (metallic) as your base, and dust lightly with Audi Dakota Grey (metallic) it's a pretty close match. Don't do too much Dakota grey though (really just a dusting to add more brown to the grey) because (if you are) your lacquer coat will deepen the colour a tad.

See my build thread so you can see how close it is.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back