Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Two things that have worried me, probably for nothing, will there be an opening crawl as always that looks the same as the others? Because of that issue with the guild that Lucas got out of to not have credits at the beginning of the movies, JJ may not have such power. And will JJ use scene transition wipes and dissolves as Lucas used?

I hope they don't mention the whole balance to the force thing, it never really made much sense. What, exactly, was out of balance about it, what is the equilibrium? In the prequels, there was an untold amount of Jedi, but only two Sith (that we know of). Really hope TFA resets the clock on this stuff, though I expect it will raise new question, which I look forward to.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I've explained the official explanation so many times and although it's pretty easy to understand, nobody ever listens. So I'm not going to do it again. It's not a literal definition of balance, as in equal sides.

People need to stop listening to what Lucas says / said / or will say. He's proven to be inconsistent in the extreme and arguably the most unreliable source for information. He makes crap up as he goes, doesn't remember it, and then contradicts said crap 20 times. He made two good movies, but he's lost it completely. Pay him no mind.

People need to stop listening to what Lucas says / said / or will say. He's proven to be inconsistent in the extreme and arguably the most unreliable source for information. He makes crap up as he goes, doesn't remember it, and then contradicts said crap 20 times. He made two good movies, but he's lost it completely. Pay him no mind.

Mans I think we will see Star Wars going forward move away from some of the aspects of the Force GL created during the PT. We have seen some of this already in the CW, I think GL working with Dave began to sort of walk back the whole midiclorine thing.

Han Solo's first words in the film should be us overhearing a conversation between him and some random guy in a bar, as he says "....and then I shot Greedo first, before he could try to shoot me first".

No fourth wall breaks, please. J.J has too much reverence for George I think, for us to see anything like that. If we see any swipes at George, I'll suppose that it was from Pegg's influence and was thrown in as movie was being shot.

I did watch that interview. It made me feel a little better. However, I still have most of my concerns. I feel they are valid ones as well. If I am considered to be of diminished overall mental capacity for feeling that way, and called out as such, so be it.

I've explained the official explanation so many times and although it's pretty easy to understand, nobody ever listens. So I'm not going to do it again. It's not a literal definition of balance, as in equal sides.

Sorry I missed all those...

The "official explanation" is a bit wonky, sorta like midi-chlorians (I think that's the "official" spelling). So, yeah, hope all that stuff is done away with.

GL can say that but it doesn't make it make any %$^*ing sense.

It does make sense, but like I said no one wants to listen. For the last time it's a JEDI PROPHECY. It's what the JEDI believe. So the Jedi believe the Force is in balance if the Dark Side is not in control. So I'm guessing there are always Dark Side users, but the galaxy isn't swaying towards it like when the Sith are in power. Look up the definition because balance doesn't always mean equal sides.

I saw a new trailer on TV last night with the big dogfight we saw before except now it looks like there are missile trails and missiles hitting the TIEs. I wonder if we are going to see X-Wings firing torpedos at fighters like in the old EU and X-Wing/TIE Fighter games?

I agree... the balance of the Force requires a good side and a dark side at all times. When the Jedi Council was prevelant, the light side was much more abundant. The dark side had to grow to the same level to balance the equation. Nature always finds a balance... you can't have light without darkness... good without bad... crime without justice... If you take a water hose and fill it with water, then lift both ends the water will balance out and be level at both ends. If you place too much ice in a glass of water where the ice is sticking out of the top of the glass then fill the water to the top of the glass, the water will not spill over the sides when the ice melts... If there is too much of one thing nature will find a way of creating or balancing out the equation with the exact same amount of the exact opposite of that thing. Its Newton's Third Law of Physics... For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Problem is, George contradicts himself between the Prequels and the Mortis arc. His stance is that the Light Side is the true, natural, balanced nature of the Force, and the Dark Side is a corruption of nature that throws it out of balance. So, per him, if there are any Dark Side adherents/practitioners in the galaxy, the Force is out of balance. But then the Father/Son/Daughter triumvirate (and Mother, too, but that makes things more complicated than I want to go into here) are a much more Taoist version of balancing of forces (small f) -- passive v aggressive, passion v peace, projective v receptive, etc. So don't even try to figure out what's "true". :p

--Jonah

Problem is, George contradicts himself between the Prequels and the Mortis arc. His stance is that the Light Side is the true, natural, balanced nature of the Force, and the Dark Side is a corruption of nature that throws it out of balance. So, per him, if there are any Dark Side adherents/practitioners in the galaxy, the Force is out of balance. But then the Father/Son/Daughter triumvirate (and Mother, too, but that makes things more complicated than I want to go into here) are a much more Taoist version of balancing of forces (small f) -- passive v aggressive, passion v peace, projective v receptive, etc. So don't even try to figure out what's "true". :p

--Jonah

Yeah, like I said before GL and Dave Filoni really walked back the concept of the Force from what was laid out in the PT. I think George realized his mistake.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back