New Toho Godzilla film

For anyone interested Shin Godzilla is now available to stream.
https://www.inverse.com/article/34877-shin-godzilla-movie-blu-ray-streaming
I think it's worth a viewing. Top rated Godzilla film of all time in Japan.

Is it really? :eek
I liked it even less than the Millennium series, though I'm glad I got the experience of a Japanese Godzilla movie at the cinema! If it was free on a streaming service, still worth a watch, but I wouldn't recommend it for that price.

Ok I guess I am just going to be the only one who loved it. It is beautiful, funny and for a water-borne creature ironically dry. Godzilla is an amazing bad-ass but the story is really about established political gridlock and hope in the future generation. I could see this being a lost Kubrick film.

Like the others that have posted above me, I liked the movie. What I dug the most about Shin Gojira, was actually, I think, made the movie boring for most: the Government trying to come up with an evacuation plan and how to deal with this gigantic monster. Could there have been more Godzilla? Always!! However, I really dug this. Did I miss the five different plots going on at the same time (i.e. alien invasion, more monsters, love story, etc)? Yes and no.

Over all, I'll give this a 3.5 out of 5.

It wasnt even a matter of "more Godzilla" for me, but it was SO BORING. But the difference in what he can do, with his unhinging jaw, tail lasers, and stupid first look? Im trying to think of a worse godzilla movie from any series and I cant think of one. I would rather watch any Godzilla movie, from any time period over this garbage.

I could be excited for a Godzilla anime, but was he speaking japanese and the subtitles were in japanese? Didnt watch too much cause I had no idea what they were talking about.

It wasnt even a matter of "more Godzilla" for me, but it was SO BORING. But the difference in what he can do, with his unhinging jaw, tail lasers, and stupid first look? Im trying to think of a worse godzilla movie from any series and I cant think of one. I would rather watch any Godzilla movie, from any time period over this garbage.

I could be excited for a Godzilla anime, but was he speaking japanese and the subtitles were in japanese? Didnt watch too much cause I had no idea what they were talking about.

Clearly, you were so traumatized by the Mathew Broderick abomination that it completely seared your memory of it actually taking place! LOL. Surely, this was better that that abortion of a flick?

Love ya, Bro.

I have never been obsessed about collecting Godzilla figures and statues until Shin came out. I love the movie and the design!

Clearly, you were so traumatized by the Mathew Broderick abomination that it completely seared your memory of it actually taking place! LOL. Surely, this was better that that abortion of a flick?

Love ya, Bro.
Hahahaha true, I forgot about that one. But to be honest...and maybe I shouldnt be putting this out in the universe... I would rather watch that one, than this one. Dont get me wrong, I loathed the Matthew Broderick one before this one, but I would rather watch that, than Shin Godzilla. That should give you an idea about how much disdain I have for Shin Godzilla.

Right back atcha my man.

Another thumbs way down.

The creature effects were fun, and I appreciate that the script tried to realistically present the government machinations of a giant thing attacking, but this film invents a new definition of BORING! Almost 2 hrs of people sitting around desks talking with only a little city-stomping now and then--YIKES!!!

Crapola!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back