Homemade Spidey Suits: Show Off/Open Build Thread

What does everyone use as their mask? I've been having trouble making my own and looking for one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah I see what you mean

View attachment 746233
By the way this image comes courtesy of technobuffalo.com, there are a few other images of the whole costume here: https://www.technobuffalo.com/video...n-costume-to-celebrate-spider-man-homecoming/
I think the one on their website is a higher res image than this one, not sure though. Hopefully this helps to ID the hoodie.

Awesome, thanks!! I've been trying to find good pictures of the full costume.

How are you guys attaching the googles to the mask? Do you use a shell?

I cut holes in the mask, then pushed the goggles through from the inside, then hot glued the little lip on the eyecup of the goggles to the inside of the mask.

What does everyone use as their mask? I've been having trouble making my own and looking for one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the fabric from the sleeves of my hoodie, flipped inside out. That's also what is thought to be accurate to the movie

Awesome, thanks!! I've been trying to find good pictures of the full costume.

I cut holes in the mask, then pushed the goggles through from the inside, then hot glued the little lip on the eyecup of the goggles to the inside of the mask.

I used the fabric from the sleeves of my hoodie, flipped inside out. That's also what is thought to be accurate to the movie

I was thinking of the same method, but what if you need to wash the mask? Yup, that's what I did with my hoodie too. :thumbsup

I was thinking of the same method, but what if you need to wash the mask? Yup, that's what I did with my hoodie too. :thumbsup

I have yet to do so with mine, but when I do I'll just peel the goggles/glue off. It doesn't stick terribly permanently to the goggles, so that should be doable. If yours is a really high heat glue gun, then maybe you could do it before it's fully heated?

So this is what I have so far for the trigger mechanism. I decided to use something I was a little more familiar with, LEGO. definitely isn't the final product and I plan to replace the trigger piece with something a little more screen accurate and give the whole thing a paint job. If you guys want I'll post instructions once I'm happy with it. The last one is a screenshot from a behind the scenes YouTube video.
20170727_153654.jpg20170727_153725.jpg20170727_153552.png

So this is what I have so far for the trigger mechanism. I decided to use something I was a little more familiar with, LEGO. definitely isn't the final product and I plan to replace the trigger piece with something a little more screen accurate and give the whole thing a paint job. If you guys want I'll post instructions once I'm happy with it. The last one is a screenshot from a behind the scenes YouTube video.
View attachment 747091View attachment 747092View attachment 747093

Nice!! Is it springy? Or is it just single position?

The short answer is not yet but thats the plan. The two grey and black piston are on hinges and so is the trigger. My plan is to have the pistons go into those 2 rectangular pieces in front of the cartridges and the spring to fasten between them. So when I pull down the trigger the pistons move out and the spring gets stretched out, when I release it the spring pulls them back in.

There is a logo on the movie used gloves, this is the only picture I've seen that it's visible. I don't recognize it, but someone might

- - - Updated - - -

Also some more reference of the suit
IMG_5066.PNGIMG_5076.PNGIMG_5075.PNGIMG_5074.PNGIMG_5073.PNGIMG_5072.PNGIMG_5071.PNGIMG_5068.PNGIMG_5067.PNGIMG_5078.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_4856.JPG
    IMG_4856.JPG
    603.1 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_5318.PNG
    IMG_5318.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 285
  • IMG_5317.PNG
    IMG_5317.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 328
There is a logo on the movie used gloves, this is the only picture I've seen that it's visible. I don't recognize it, but someone might

- - - Updated - - -

Also some more reference of the suit

Where on the glove is it? I'm not seeing anything. Also, you don't have any pictures of the webshooters do you?

Does anyone know what the triangle thing on the tops are? I thought they were just custom greeblies, but they look like the have white printing on the top, like an electronics component

I'm really thinking that the homemade suit is all made out of Aunt May's clothings, the hoodie looks to be woman sized and I don't believe that Peter owns pyjamas in those colors. :lol

But I can confirm that his wrist bands are not sweat bands, might be a mixture of black nylon straps and red elastic bands.

The gloves should be lifting/cycling gloves whereby the velcro is hidden on the inside, the GEL logo looks familiar. Still can't make out the brand that uses such fonts.

Last edited:
I'm really thinking that the homemade suit is all made out of Aunt May's clothings, the hoodie looks to be woman sized and I don't believe that Peter owns pyjamas in those colors. :lol

Haha I agree, it's all suspiciously tight fitting :lol

But I can confirm that his wrist bands are not sweat bands, might be a mixture of black nylon straps and red elastic bands.

Do you have a source? It definitely looks like wristbands with nylon strapping looped around it.
Screenshot_2017-07-09-18-59-07-1.png

The gloves should be lifting/cycling gloves whereby the velcro is hidden on the inside, the GEL logo looks familiar. Still can't make out the brand that uses such fonts.

Also notice it has padded suede palms:

20170727_153552.png

The bands are most definitely sweatbands.
IMG_6727.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

For those interested, Fett202 and I are going to be offering fully functional and highly accurate replicas of the homemade webshooters. This includes working trigger mechanism, removable cartridges, and authentic hardware. I've got an interest thread going in the Project Runs section.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bands are most definitely sweatbands.
View attachment 747658

- - - Updated - - -

For those interested, @Fett202 and I are going to be offering fully functional and highly accurate replicas of the homemade webshooters. This includes working trigger mechanism, removable cartridges, and authentic hardware. I've got an interest thread going in the Project Runs section.

I think it's a mixture of both or the main material to hold the mechanics are nylon and the red bands are added on for aesthetics. Definitely interested in the kit.

35840564402_63ff60c008_b.jpg

darnit... those socks are not in Red anymore.... grrr.... And the sleeveless hoodie are not in Red either. Oh drat!
kcail1

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back