Terminator: Dark Fate

I want the Cameron of 30 years ago + the Arnie of 30 years ago + a storyline that feels like it belongs in with T1 & T2.

This new movie, whatever it may be, it ain't coming within 10,000 miles of that.

I'm not really interested in another reboot. When I first heard Cameron was keen I thought he'd finish his trilogy with a future war movie but it's sounding less like that and more about dragging out another 3 new movies with nothing to do with the original stories. We'll see. :(

Ben

I have Salvation on DVD somewhere and need to dig it out. From my defective memory I too thought it was good and even thought the CG Arnold looked great.
I hate to admit but the Terminator will always vacuum money from my wallet.

I'd like to see Terminator/Robocop like the old video game or the comics but first shouldn't the Chronicles series get a closing since John was effectively removed from the past? Or are fans to ignore the TV series.?

We had that with Salvation, but people didn't like it for some reason.

Other than the CGI, let's face it..it sucked in a very bad way. Terrible, terrible, story with Transformers and a field heart transplant. I would rather see the war against the machines that Kyle Reese was fighting in the flash back scenes in the first Terminator film.

I think it would need to go in the direction of a gritty thriller as the 1st one was. It's all just too samey now. Nothing new brought to the table, just a bunch of overly CGI money spinners. Need something that just welds you to your cinema seat, something that really has you gripped!!!!

3 new movies would run into at least the early 2020s.

Do you guys realize that a teenage boy watching these flicks in 2020 is literally about the same generation as the fictional Kyle Reese?

If it's not time to abandon the T1/T2 continuity yet . . . when will it be?

Total, ground-up reboot. The old continuity was already becoming a major liability 15 years ago, let alone now.

The only benefit of doing more alternate timelines is the ability to preserve the early Cameron movies - but those ARE the problem now.

Last edited:
T1 and T2 are the only good movies. Ignor all the other abortions and make a final closing James Cameron trilogy movie. Wrap it up with the future war done properly. Not that salvation garbage. Jim doesn't have to even pretend that 3,4 and 5 exist. I don't.

It can be done properly. 3 more rebooted movies. Meh.

Ben

Re: Terminator 6

IF... IF... they can give me the damn future war AS described by Reese, AS depicted in the brief flashbacks and dream sequences in the first and second films. The film that should have been made twenty years ago.
Fine. I didn't even bother to look at the last one.

Re: Terminator 6

I didn't even bother to look at the last one.[/QUOTE]

you didn't miss much. :unsure reese was pathetic. :sick

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back