Doctor Who opinions

Oh come on, don't be like that! They could end up being fans!

I'd say there's a cherry picking that could be done, but I'd have to sit down and do some research.

Last edited:
So, the wife and I are thinking about jumping back in after dropping off about 7-9 episodes into the Matt Smith run. There are a lot of episodes in between, clearly. Are there a few must see episodes that would be good to watch before the next Doctor makes her appearance, or would it be best to just consult a wiki in order to get caught up(ish)?
The last five minutes or so of "The Day of the Doctor". Especially if you are a very long time fan.

My theory on gender change in regeneration: They change genders after going through some severe trauma.
I'll go through the transgender regenerations in order of appearance.

1: The General. After regenerating in hell bent she says "Back to normal, am I? The only time I’ve been a man, that last body." Of course, actual cause of regeneration is conjecture, but it's safe to assume it happened in the Time War.
Probably something brutal. Got her legs blown off in an explosion, got crushed under a building, etc,. As I said, we can only theorize.

2: The Master. He was stabbed in the back and went on a long elevator ride back to his tardis to regenerate. He presumably lost a lot of blood.

3: The Doctor. Caught in an explosion, and then refuses to regenerate.

Well, what do you think? It would provide a semi-solid argument as to why he hasn't been a woman yet.

If there is truth to the idea that the next season won't air until Fall of 2018, they should just cancel the series already. These huge time gaps between seasons are ridiculous and I think they're at least part of the reason that ratings have dropped.
That's how HBO's Six Feet Under lost me years ago. The hiatus between seasons three and four was a year, and I got about half-way through the first episode of the new season before I realized I just didn't care about the show any more.

These days these "cable" television series' seem to operate on their own schedules and almost ignore the "official" beginning of the newest season, so I've gotten used to it. I'll watch the Christmas episode and and least two or three of the new episodes to see if the show has improved after Steven Moffat's departure, but if it gets cancelled before that it wouldn't matter to me.

My theory on gender change in regeneration: They change genders after going through some severe trauma.
I'll go through the transgender regenerations in order of appearance.

1: The General. After regenerating in hell bent she says "Back to normal, am I? The only time I’ve been a man, that last body." Of course, actual cause of regeneration is conjecture, but it's safe to assume it happened in the Time War.
Probably something brutal. Got her legs blown off in an explosion, got crushed under a building, etc,. As I said, we can only theorize.

2: The Master. He was stabbed in the back and went on a long elevator ride back to his tardis to regenerate. He presumably lost a lot of blood.

3: The Doctor. Caught in an explosion, and then refuses to regenerate.

Well, what do you think? It would provide a semi-solid argument as to why he hasn't been a woman yet.

I would not worry about it. It's not like you are trying to figure out "who did it" before the detective identifies the killer in the last five minutes of the show or movie. They probably won't say why anyway. Frankly, I liken it to the Star Wars Rebels thread where people were coming up with complicated theories about things like why a ship was missing a panel when the real reason was sloppy writing or the animators wanting to leave their mark.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

I like her in Broadchurch, so hopefully this makes it to BBC America. And might explain the blonde hair, unless that is her natural color.

Last edited by a moderator:
New costume and TARDIS revealed!! I actually kind of like the outfit, it's reminiscent of the second and seventh doctors in my opinion.

Screenshot_2017-11-09-08-44-52-1.png

Well, it's different and I'm going to give this female DW a chance. I was fully expecting a scarf though.

The stripes on her shirt evoke it a bit, though.

I like the look. It feels like the Doctor. Like - there's nothing wrong with any of the individual things that she's wearing; but put together, they look kind of awkward. Aside from 1 and 9, all of the Doctors have dressed in a quirky, eccentric fashion. Even then, 1 was fairly anachronistic; dressing in a Victorian style in the 60's. This fits.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back