The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

This was my little weekend project. Zune case and Groot.jpegZune case.jpeg

Nice wallet. I bet that logo would not be too hard to tool directly into leather or print one out real nice and make a press-stamp with it.

I've been thinking about making a GOTG themed wallet for a while too. I just have no idea where I would source the material I want like the jacket or bag cloth.

Also, is that the Wal-Mart Baby Groot? I didn't know the arm could go sideways like that. I keep meaning to pick one up.

This was posted a few pages back, pictures look awesome. Fake leather sure, but looks amazing for -$90. Has anybody bought it yes that can comment on quality and picture accuracy? I love the project runs on here but can't afford +$400, but also don't want to throw my money away if it's trash.

Fake leather means it will be hot and sweaty. I wonder why they don't offer it in real leather for a bit more like the other ebay Star-Lord jackets.

Last edited:
After weeks of waiting, having them stolen off my porch, and weeks more waiting, I've done the first part of the cleanup on my Shapeways pendants. Still a ways to go, but I couldn't be happier with them.

I got the case for 10 bucks on ebay and it is a great fit. Added the badge that I 3d printed and then added a 4 dollar belt clip and it is ready to go. Also I got the Zune for 24 bucks and the premium zune headphone for 15.

I got the case for 10 bucks on ebay and it is a great fit. Added the badge that I 3d printed and then added a 4 dollar belt clip and it is ready to go. Also I got the Zune for 24 bucks and the premium zune headphone for 15.
where did you find the headphones? the cheapest I found was on eBay for $35.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
yep you are right. trying to get the actual ones but for the price i didn't mind picking these up if i can't find a good deal on the actual ones. My cosplay does have a budget.

Me too.......:rolleyes

But I had to have the screen accurate headphones.

I did pick these up on amazon for conventions. If you search for 'wired earbuds' they eventually come up.

711tOWa174L._SL1500_.jpg

I tried to paint on the matte silver bands with a sharpie brand metallic oil-based marker and it eventually just wiped off. Gotta try something else.

I am in the middle of building my star lord mask. Can anyone point me in the direction of the paint colors used on the mask?

Chrome, light gunmetal, gold. Chrome or silver undercoat (for the weathering to show through) and a wash of dark-brown ink for grime. Use Alclad II or Vallejo Metallizer if you have an airbrush. Coat with urethane-based automotive clear (you can buy specially-mixed rattlecans at professional auto-paint stores, do NOT use regular clear spraypaint) for durability and to not dull the metallic.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back