New BMF coming

These things are taking forever. much longer than I thought they would.

sidewalls647web.jpg (Click pic)
Some bits are missing because they stick to the overhangs above and below the sidewalls and can't be attached yet.

I have access to software and equipment that would allow me to print them, obviously I would not pass them on to anyone or attempt to profit from them in any way!

Wiseass :D. I asked because most of the measurements and pics I have done were off the MR. probably about a 90% to 10% ratio.

I just sent him a new batch of pics :D

Jedi Dade

Hey, I resemble that remark!
:devil

Still need accurate measurements of the nose cone for 3D rendering.....off the Hasbro Falcon. ;)

Hey, I resemble that remark!
:devil

Still need accurate measurements of the nose cone for 3D rendering.....off the Hasbro Falcon. ;)

Dimensions of cockpit cone

All dimensions are internal

64.09mm back of cone diameter
33.75mm front of cone diameter
16.78mm center window opening diameter

4.65mm depth to beginning of taper from open end
43.57mm depth to front of cone diameter (end of taper)
46.54mm depth center of front center window

Just out of interest does anyone know why these details left and right of the light up engine ports are different... and were they always like it, i.e during filming?
reardetailweb.jpg

Thanks mythshaker, could I possibly get the external as well?

Sure,

67mm outside of cone large diameter
37mm outside of cone small diameter 38.25mm at end of straight taper, there's a small ridge between the taper and the front piece.

46.89mm back edge to front edge of cone.

Any plans to upscale the gun turret interiors for the Hasbro? All I see now is an empty interior and the hole at the other end.

Another bargain here, a 99p bath gel, in the shape of a large pencil, and while it might be hexagonal in shape, and I was after something octagonal, (can you guess what for?) it should be easy enough to cut the size I want twice and make an octagon from two of the hexagons split down one side.

As an added bonus the box it comes in is a good source of clear plastic in itself.

IMG_20141115_125413_395.jpg

SAM_3684.JPGSAM_3685.JPG

Hey guys,

For those looking for side panels, seriously do what i done a grab some from a vintage Falcon. You can find loads of spare parts and empty shells on the bay, and ive seen a set of the panels sell for £10 shipped this week. You need to trim them down a little, but its well worth it plus they are actual panels. Mine are in the pics.

Just got another coat of primer on mine. Im working on a tight budget as many are, and im using spray primer that costs £1 a can :) Ive got 2 coats on now and done a tape test and its sticking :)

Onwards we go...

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question-what colour is the Falcon again ?? Im popping out to buy some bits soon, and am going to pick up the paint hopefully. Is it just a light grey-or is there a tinge of creme/white with it??

Lee

Details made from part of a respirator :)

detailsweb33.jpg
Not 100% but quite close to the two different side bits I posted earlier.

And Robiwon are you making a nose cone with fixed window details and more in the overall length?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm def putting a simple lighting rig in mine, they will only be cheap crimbo lights but I'm sure I can make it look professional if I take my time.

I haven't even thought about decals, I don't even know where they go. I know this is bad,bad,bad, but I may do the obvious one above the cockpit from the 5' :)

Well they aren't perfect but they will do..

detail345web.jpg (click pics)
The bad news is the sidewalls will almost certainly need moving back a bit.

photo-(4web).jpg
I made these as thin as I could but its not enough,
I'm sure there will be the same problem with the shape ways parts or casts from them.

rearsidewallcweb.jpg
here's a real one, much much further back.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back