Harry (Bigfoot & the Hendersons)

Dougie Fett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Howdy folks,

Hoping to take my costuming to the next level and create a fully working radio controlled animatronic head. I toyed around with a few ideas before settling on Harry, hugely inspired by Daniele Tirananzi's DVD (Gorilla head)!

Currently in the research phase, looking for some good ref pics of Harry, if anyone has any or knows where to get any I would be grateful?

The costume itself will be along the same principles as Chewie except with a silicone chest with punched hair! Definitely need a muscle suit for this one!

article-1234951-078E820E000005DC-101_233x448.jpg

Can't wait to get stuck in!

Holy cow, this'll make your wookiee project seem like small beans in comparison.

Make sure you view the Harry & the Hendersons bonus DVD vignettes if you already haven't, and good call on Daniele's DVD; good stuff. If anyone on the RPF can pull this off, you're a safe bet. :thumbsup

Wow! This is going to be a lot of work. I'm impressed that you're taking it on. How tall are you normally?

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be on Blu-Ray... or in the works any time soon :unsure

Are you crazy? You just built a Wookiee and now you want to do ANOTHER hairy costume? Didn't get you tired of having hair invade all aspects of your life?

Seriously, though. Pretty awesome. I don't think I've ever see anyone do a Harry Henderson costume.

"We don't want you any more!"

:cry:cry:cry:cry

I love this film.

Good luck. I hope this turns out as well as your other projects. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Last edited:
I took some pics of the animatronic heads a few years back when they were on display at the Academy:

Click the pictures to make them full size. I hope these help, can't wait to see your progress! :thumbsup

good luck! Looking very forward to the progress updates on this. I've always wanted to learn cable controlled/remote controlled animatronics, so I hope you go into depth on this. After following your wookie build, I know this one will turn out even better because you've already learned a lot from the wookie build.

sorry to bring this back from the dead thread..but I LOVE This movie, and the character..was wondering if the project was ever completed. Would love to see pics if so.

sorry to bring this back from the dead thread..but I LOVE This movie, and the character..was wondering if the project was ever completed. Would love to see pics if so.

Haven't got around to it yet, busy with some wookiee commissions but I do intend on getting there eventually.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back