Joker (origin film)

He looks fantastic and I think he will knock it out of the park. The thing that concerns me is that I don't know what the script will be like. As I've said before I think the Joker works best Dark Knight style, no origin, no background. Just a force to be reckoned with and ten steps ahead of everyone else.

I'm liking what I'm seeing thus far though and I'm so glad they cast him. He's definitely one of the greats!

I would hope he uses several variations of clown makeup, but honestly the blue eyes and red brows are sort of growing on me.

I wanted to see him as a skull inspired creepy clown so i did this
IMG_20181008_195219.jpg

I think we’ve reached “Peak Joker” saturation levels and I know of at least one super-fan who couldn’t be happier:

9C70EFAD-F0A8-48C9-8F26-677E7C0132C8.jpeg

I am not sure what stories they have that are left to tell with this guy???

I think Ledger pretty much covered the character’s cinematic territory pretty thoroughly.

Please, no more “Solo” type origin stories that are check-the-box exercises...”this is where he got his purple suit...this is where he got his green hair....this is the part where he gets his famous clown make-up...”

Example:

(Comedy club manager) “I need you to give me a stage name...something with pizzazz.”

(Phoenix) “I don’t have a stage name, I just came here to tell jokes.”

(Comedy club manager) “OK then, I’ll introduce you as “The Joker”...simple enough.”

Box...checked.

Last edited:
Though I know it would never happen I think it would be hilarious if someone made a B-grade horror movie where someone dressed exactly as Ronald MacDonald was running through the streets killing people. Just over the top Machete (Danny Trejo) style action would be so damn funny. No real plot per se, just absurdist scenarios with some ridiculous clown character spouting cheesy lines and murdering people.

There is something wrong with me. lol

I think we’ve reached “Peak Joker” saturation levels and I know of at least one super-fan who couldn’t be happier:

View attachment 847846

I am not sure what stories they have that are left to tell with this guy???

I think Ledger pretty much covered the character’s cinematic territory pretty thoroughly.

Please, no more “Solo” type origin stories that are check-the-box exercises...”this is where he got his purple suit...this is where he got his green hair....this is the part where he gets his famous clown make-up...”

Example:

(Comedy club manager) “I need you to give me a stage name...something with pizzazz.”

(Phoenix) “I don’t have a stage name, I just came here to tell jokes.”

(Comedy club manager) “OK then, I’ll introduce you as “The Joker”...simple enough.”

Box...checked.

I read someone put it in an interesting way: imagine Michael Douglas' Falling Down but with a failing comedian in Gotham City. Its not about The Joker, its about a regular guy who is on tje dark path of becoming him. I doubt we'll get w check the box scenario as we do in all origins films. I feel like it will be a lot more than the regular ole origins story

The official branding of the DC movie universe (DCEU was a term coined by the media, was not official at all) is called "Worlds Of DC" so maybe they want to make several elseworlds stories, that way continuity can be swept under the rug hahaha

they are trying - searching for an approval rating above 2% for approval of these "sneak peaks" and then they will leak footage of him holding a plastic picnic butter knife ready to cut a cake with a bat emblem in the frosting... :confused right?? that's what everyone else see's right?? :$

Depending on how things turn out of course, fingers crossed for a series of these Joker movies leading up to a Batman showdown.

gotta say, i don't really care about this. it's been done over and over and over. The costumes have been fine but completely over done.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back