Golden Gun

My golden gun stuff collection is enlarging.
Today I got my cigarette box prototype, a first lighter part attempt from brass, and 4 bullet kits I polished and assembled.
The bullets are made from 2 parts.
IMG_7899.JPG
IMG_7900.JPG

Last edited:
it looks great :thumbsup
are you going to do an exact copy of your lighter or you are going to do the bigger correct size?
cheers

correct size of course.
I put it with lighter to simulate a bit bigger one for the picture.
I think I will make a first simplier set as a test and sell it one day, and after that make a more complicated silver set for collection.

I ordered a detail plastic lighter and case set from shapeways, it will useful to take pictures, check the measurments and make video assembly tutorial for those who would buy same models on shapeways.

looking good, congrats :thumbsup
you think the brass version will be working nicelly then?

Yes it will, lots of change to make on it, it's a crazy work, and it will be hard for me to order a brass version to check the design, if I find someone interested, I will offer him to order with no fees, just shapeways price, and send to me for assembly and control.

Recently ordered a replica off ebay and was disappointed in the quality when it arrived. Just want to say that this looks great, and much, much better. I will be following with great interest and would love to see a brass casting.

Here are some news of my golden gun project.
Pictures have been taken by the guy who accepted to purchase the first prototype.
Comparative picture of real waterman , my design and SD studio design.
Comparative picture of my design and sd studio design.
On background, fe, sd and my bullet (shortest, too short indeed, has been corrected)

45432085_369812070227720_2874303852352372736_n.jpg
45572591_260539911324449_983211356578643968_n.jpg

There have been many changes since I made this design.
Lighter:
-I thickened the lighter of about 1mm, for even more accurate finish, and changed the popping barrel design too.
-I changed the bullet loading, following my friend and 007 collector advice, not putting inside the lighter and making it disappear, but using quite same idea as the FE gun, the bullet stays in chamber, visible when we open the cap.
-due to pen insertion, there have been some change on the pen opening, and removable cap to display as dummy lighter.
Pen
-I changed the nib design, from concorde nib design to super six nib design, because it's more probably a super 6 nib in the movie.The change on nib design helped me to also make a change in nib block and barrel design, longer barrel including nib block, and removable nib and feeder for a gun use.
For now I kept both design, so eventually the people would choose which one they want, but if I get more prooves about screen used prop, I will keep only one potion.
-I shortened the removable end, to get closer design to original movie prop size, but made the pen 140mm long, like real waterman, even it's a bit thicker, it will be a compromise between real waterman (lenght, most of the design, nib block etc) and gimmick pen (thickness, removable end)Insertion in lighter is a bit different, but also a bit more aesthetic and rich finish.
Bullet:
enlarged to match the right size, I got 2 different original prop measurment sources (both auctions), 30 and 35mm, made it 30mm first and enlarged to 35mm.
This gun will be the one and only one featuring accurate look, fully opening on lighter, case and pen, accurate details matching original items (lighter furnace, lighter gas bolt on bottom, nib block, opening main case lit to put actual cigarettes, ok, quite short cigarettes, but the SD and FE are just solid pieces of metal, and sd lighter is a kind of brick) and real gun details (barrel look, with riffle design, made from plastic, no gun or weapon issue here)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back