Zvezda Avenger-Class ISD-II - WIP

Insane!! You have nothing to worry about re: Bandai's one-footer stealing your thunder (which just makes me all the more sad theirs isn't bigger). That's gonna look like a studio model when painted up.

Amazing work!!
Attention to detail is incredible.
Can't wait to see this finished.
The pictures are great and will be invaluable for future builders.

Totally agree.
Stunning work Invar, congratulations . You’ve built - up an incredible canvas to paint a masterpiece on. Such a beautiful example of pure dedication and devotion mate. Thanks for sharing this, it’s very much appreciated .

Ged

Last edited:
Hi, this is actually my first post and I joined the forum after seeing this build.
I am tempted to try something like this and just wondering how you scratch built something like what is found in the center of this screenshot I've attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 8.43.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 8.43.38 AM.png
    18 KB · Views: 323
Hi, this is actually my first post and I joined the forum after seeing this build.
I am tempted to try something like this and just wondering how you scratch built something like what is found in the center of this screenshot I've attached.

Was not easy. I essentially cut a 1/4" diameter styrene pipe down to a 1/32" disc and cut that in half, gluing the flat ends equal distance apart on a 1/8" x 1/4" styrene rectangle and then cut down .010mm round styrene rod into bits to place with a pair of micro tweezers and glued them to make the bridge window panes. Learning to breathe out slowly while putting the rod into position and then holding it while using the other to dab some ultra thin Tamiya cement on the rod ends to the open section of the disc. I then had to cut an area below the center bridge plate on the base plastic and drill a hole for the fiber that I will place in the bridge for light. I then glued the entire piece on down to the bridge face.

Bridge.jpg

Last edited:
Was not easy. I essentially cut a 1/4" diameter styrene pipe down to a 1/32" disc and cut that in half, gluing the flat ends equal distance apart on a 1/8" x 1/4" styrene rectangle and then cut down .010mm round styrene rod into bits to place with a pair of micro tweezers and glued them to make the bridge window panes. Learning to breathe out slowly while putting the rod into position and then holding it while using the other to dab some ultra thin Tamiya cement on the rod ends to the open section of the disc. I then had to cut an area below the center bridge plate on the base plastic and drill a hole for the fiber that I will place in the bridge for light. I then glued the entire piece on down to the bridge face.

View attachment 1006949
Wow, thanks for the detailed reply! I went ahead and started detailing my ISD kit. Do you by any chance recall what diameter styrene rod you used for the engine section? thanks for all the help.

Do you by any chance recall what diameter styrene rod you used for the engine section? thanks for all the help.

I used a myriad number of rods in different diameters for the engine section (and the whole ship). 1/8", 1/16", .040", .030", .020" and .010"

Thanks for all your help in answering these questions. I was wondering if you could tell me how you built the oval-shaped piping in the rear engine section? I have been unable to carve similar shapes in styrene and wondered what your technique was. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 2.23.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 2.23.27 PM.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 262
I was wondering if you could tell me how you built the oval-shaped piping in the rear engine section? I have been unable to carve similar shapes in styrene and wondered what your technique was. Thanks!

Took 1/4" Styrene pipe and bent it to an "L" shape, then cut it in half with an X-acto blade so I just had the top curve portion as you see above and then cut the length to size and glued it into place. Some the pieces are (for nostalgias sake) bits of my old MPC B-Wing model from 1983 that had gotten damaged and yellowed in moves and hot attics. I cut the model apart for various greeblies that looked similar to the ILM filming model.

For those curious as to my own status on this build - I am currently in the middle of fiber optic threading hell.

Fiber bow.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back