Zombie Tramp project

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by Friko, May 31, 2015.

1. Friko

Friko Well-Known Member

I was recently tasked with molding a 3d printed figure of the character Zombie Tramp from Action Lab. I was given a rough prototype for reference. A new master was printed broken up into 7 pieces. The head, hair, torso, legs, left arm, right arm, and a book base. I don't have much time to mold all 7 pieces, cast them, assemble it and paint it for the publisher to inspect. From what I gather they need to have many finished in time for sdcc.
    As of last night I finished the last of the molds
    image.jpg

2. Friko

Friko Well-Known Member

I did some searching and found some production images.
    image.jpg image.jpg

3. Friko

Friko Well-Known Member

I took the rough 3d printed pieces and cleaned them up and primed them. It's really hard working this small.
    been a while 016.JPG been a while 029.JPG been a while 028.JPG been a while 026.JPG been a while 025.JPG been a while 024.JPG been a while 020.JPG been a while 017.JPG been a while 031.JPG

Attached Files:

4. postmanpat

postmanpat Well-Known Member

Looking fantastic!! Look forward to seeing it painted.

5. Friko

Friko Well-Known Member

here are pictures of the cast pieces i did. In total there were 6 molds. Its so * hard working this small. The tips of the hair were such a pain. Even more than the fingertips which surprised me. I ended up remolding the legs and the bangs because i wanted nicer molds. Live and learn.
    11415518_701171543342682_6866404057956570181_o.jpg lkdsjflasd.jpg

6. Friko

Friko Well-Known Member

here are some detail pics of the existing prototype i had to remake. It's good but there are some printing marks and some pretty big seams.
    been a while 032.JPG been a while 037.JPG been a while 039.JPG been a while 040.JPG been a while 041.JPG been a while 042.JPG been a while 043.JPG