Zentai-Zentai Iron-Spider by ArachnidStudios

SpiderManCdA

I've seen some pretty negatives about these guys but I've had a really good experience with them so I thought I'd post up my experience.

Iron-Spider Homecoming Printed Spandex Lycra Costume with 3D Muscle Shadings
*pattern by ArachnidStudios

-I think this suit is pretty impressive for the money.
-I think mine came in about 3 weeks (I'm in the USA) using the express shipping option (which is crazy fast for custom tailoring)
-I went with Custom sizing and it fits about as perfect as I could ask for
-The print itself is really well done. Very detailed and the muscle shading lines up about perfect with my muscles making for a solid superhero look.
-Removable gloves (at elbow) is neat, They don't have zippers, just really long gloves so you can wear them under the suit for perfect aesthetics or wear them over the suit sleeve for near perfect but super easy removable. (photo attached shows the gloves worn over). As luck would have it, I can use my iPhone X with the gloves on. So aside from eating, I haven't had to take the gloves off.
-Removable boot (at knee) is just like the gloves. Zipper less. Like a boot with a knee high sock, wear the suit over the top of the boot sock for perfect look. These make it super easy to get the suit on too.
-I ordered jersey fabric. It's good lycra (better than most) but it's not crazy thick or hot.
-crotch zipper is a must and hides well
-I really like the U zipper on the back. Center zips I've had on other suits required a sidekick to get into the suit. This, I can get now pretty easily by myself
-I wish I'd had the mask sewn on though, the mask and suit line up really well but can get out of place with Spiderman movements and such
-I added the extra spider logos attached. On Iron Spider I wasn't sure how that'd go but it's actually pretty awesome. The spiders are some kind of thick flexible urethane/rubber (~1/8" thick) and they really give the suit a lot more 3d. Whoever sewed mine spent the time to line it up perfectly. Thanks Zentai-Zentai.
-I used Zentai-Zentai's TASM2 face shell and their gold lenses (color#4) which I really really like. While they're not true to the film they have great visibility and feel authentic Webhead just the same. Plus the visibility is phenomenal (just like sunglasses).

Hope this helps anyone on the fence or who after ordering come across negative reviews and are worried.

SplderMan_CdA.jpg

SplderMan_CdA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks amazing. Sounds like your only problem was the alignment for the mask. Have you tried printing with other companies or do you only use zentai-zentai? They seem so much more expensive than other places.

If I remember correctly, most people stayed away from zentai-zentai because they were stealing patterns from other makers and claiming them as their own. Pretty sure there are some threads here about it.

If I remember correctly, most people stayed away from zentai-zentai because they were stealing patterns from other makers and claiming them as their own. Pretty sure there are some threads here about it.
Thanks for your reply TJack. This may not be the place but do you have a recommended site for printing suits or is there a thread you could direct us to?

You'd have to do some searching here in the forum to confirm which of the zentai shops people were saying to avoid. I have only used zentai zone myself and have been pleased with the results but keep in mind they are still just zentai suits and not comparable to the companies making higher quality suits. I'd suggest just reading through some of the threads to get recommendations.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back