Ywing helmet

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by 213ardj, Aug 4, 2015.

1. 213ardj

213ardj Jr Member

Does anyone know where I can find a Y wing fighter helmet?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  2. stopeverything

stopeverything New Member

Anovos is producing one. Not sure of anyone else off the top of my head

3. BobasDent1138

BobasDent1138 Active Member

Richies Armor sells one for about $100. Needs some cleanup but comes with everything you need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

4. wh1plash

wh1plash Member

I heard that Dex over at Dented Helmet has a decent version. I'd recommend checking out the Pilot forums of the Rebel Legion, that's where I heard it.

5. ywingfighter

ywingfighter Well-Known Member

Yep, Dex made them and he is a member here and Rebellegion.Here are a picture of the Dex helmets.This 2 are in the collection of Mikajedi but I
    build and paint them.

1447916a2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  6. Ed Straeker

Ed Straeker New Member

Hi, In another tread you've mencioned that Dex has your molds for the Y Wing Helmet greeblies, is this correct?, do you know if he or maybe you have a set for sale?, and how much will it cost?

I really apreciate your help!! Thanks!!

7. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The greeblies are often a little bit different from helmet to helmet. It depends on if you are replicating a particular helmet or just making something generic.

I see only his old sculpt on his web site, and that one is many years old and a bit inaccurate. Years ago I built up one his kits for a friend, and I spent a bit of work accurizing it. Newer sculpts have been made from better source material.

8. BobasDent1138

Yeah I see what you mean. I just got my kit in a few days ago, and for me it'll probably work just as a display helmet as a fun build but yeah definitely not as precise as I would have liked

9. flthymcnsty

flthymcnsty Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yeah, I have to recommend Dex as well. That is where I got my kit from.

It is a great kit and built like a tank. Plus it is much more accurate in my opinion.

2014-08-20 08.17.37.jpg 2014-08-20 08.17.54.jpg 2014-08-20 08.18.05.jpg 2014-08-20 08.18.17.jpg 2014-08-20 08.18.42.jpg

ETA: These pics don't have the Radio Free Boliva sticker on the chin yet but I had a printer client of mine make me a few of them and have since added it.

10. BobasDent1138

Does Dex still make these? I'll have to look into this!

11. Willone242

Willone242 New Member

I saw that Do3D have one for sale (STL file) for 79 bucks, any one know if there are other STL files out there, or hav experience with the Do3D file, is it Worth the Money ?????

12. dmurano

dmurano Member

I have the same questions as Willone242

13. Studio Kitbash

Studio Kitbash Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Does anyone have a Y-Wing Helmet "built and painted" they are trying to sell? Looking to find one, and wondering what/if any options are out there. Please PM me with pics and offer price. Especially interested in Gold Squadron helmet(s) from Ep IV: A New Hope.