yourprops.com news!

Deleted

Sr Member
We have added a search by username and by celebrity.

I have already asigned the actor's or actress' name to several thousand items. But I will not be able to do this for all of the 36000+ items listed. When you have the time, please add the celebrity's name using the manage your props function.

Also: we have new "types" for your listings.
We will try to move all of your items for you! So please give us a day or so.

new types are:

make-up / prosthetics
models / miniatures
film-crew items
prop weapons
set dressing / pieces
production artwork

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Tim

Last edited:
So, does that mean that if I search for Sandrine Holt, anything associated with her prop wise will turn up? (granted, I know she's not a real well-known actress, but I'm tossing the name out there as an example)

So, does that mean that if I search for Sandrine Holt, anything associated with her prop wise will turn up? (granted, I know she's not a real well-known actress, but I'm tossing the name out there as an example)

Yep, IF there is an item with her name listed, you will find it. (there currently is not)

Tim

Ok, I think all the items have been moved.

Regarding the celebrities: since I cannot add every single actor or actress on this planet, users may have to add some names themselves.

HOWEVER: If you have more than two items from the same actor/actress, please post their name here, and I will add them for you.
Other items by that actor or actress will have that name added then too, automatically. So no need to post names here more than once.

Tim

speaking of photos, you can upload 5 pictures, and when you click on the big view, depending on your screen-resolution, and what size was originally uploaded, a pop-up displays an even bigger picture.

Tim

I love yourprops! The latest improvements have been great. Any chance we can get an increase in the amount newly listed items on the front page? Sometimes it goes by so fast.

I love yourprops! The latest improvements have been great. Any chance we can get an increase in the amount newly listed items on the front page? Sometimes it goes by so fast.

Actually, if you just click on "SEARCH" without selecting anything, it shows you the latest items (ALL the items on YP, newest first).

We will add a list of most recently commented on items though.

Tim

speaking of photos, you can upload 5 pictures, and when you click on the big view, depending on your screen-resolution, and what size was originally uploaded, a pop-up displays an even bigger picture.

Tim

Are uploads still limited to 600 pixels wide Tim ?

I have added celebrities to about 4000 items. Basically by going thru the items, looking for names, and by searching for character names and props:
i.e. anything Marty McFly will have Michael J. Fox assigned to it.
-all Pulse Rifles belong to Michael Biehn :)
-Anything Ripley in Alien* is Sigourney Weaver
-anything with "Rose" and "Titanic" belongs to Kate Winslett
etc..

I will see if I can find more connections, but in the meantime, feel free to add celebrities to your listings. The field for entering the name will automatically display names as you type. If you do jot find a name, just add it. And yes, we will have the same feature for movie titles too.

Would you be interested in an extra section for helmets?

Tim

Nope. That was a long time ago. The "large" image displayed is 600 pixels wide, but when you click on it, a larger one will be displayed in a pop-up if the original image was larger than 600 pexels wide.

Tim

... and here I am, right till this very day, resizing all images to max 600 wide :lol

Regarding the search for what is new:

Instead of selecting the check boxes in front of the categories and types and then clicking SEARCH, you can simply click on the category or type (the actual text) and it will show you the latest items for just that section.

Tim

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back